Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oh Pleasee

This board is sooo boring - nothing but chat about some mickey mouse cup - who won - whats the next draw - even Bedford are in on it - can't see what its all about meself -boring boring boring!!! Not sour grapes - honest<P>Lets turn to what Shankly calls the bread and butter of life - the League!!<P>Predictions!!<P>Mickey Mouse<BR>Aldershot Town 3-1 Maidenhead United <BR>Hitchin Town 2-1 Hampton & Richmond <BR> <BR>Premier Division <BR>Chesham United 3-0 Harrow Borough <BR>Enfield 1-3 Braintree Town <BR>Gravesend & Northfleet 2-1 Sutton United <BR>Heybridge Swifts 2-2 Billericay Town <BR>Kingstonian 10-0 Bedford Town <P> smile.gif" border="0 tongue.gif" border="0

Considering I lost a days pay - no-one believed the sickie routine and conscience got the better of me - it couldn't have been worse - from a partisan, a game of lost opportuniites and their goalmouth had some sort voodoo hold over it!<P>Good atmosphere - well from a supporter used to crowds that you can usually count from the sidelines - it was good to see a decent turnout. Chelsmford played their part, unfortunately so did the ref - not sure of attendence - certainly high hundreds - Noble should have scored - Cats should have saved - but I can feel it in me water - defo next year(meaning we will try our hardest to get pass round 2!!) - until then I genuinely wish all Ryman teams a good run - show the rest of Non league football how its done and sorry for letting the side down!! shocked.gif" border="0

Irony old chap you may well call the FA Cup a mickey mouse cup (that was the league cup surely) but I'm gutted, especially to get beat by homelesss Chelmsford. We really got to get the better of matches like this, or we'll never convince the Towns populace that we're getting there. I wanted a cup run like Canvey had last year, I'll settle for a lower (but not perilous) league position if thats the cosequence of it. We're not likely to go to the conference this season, lets be realistic.<P>yep we'll be back with a win at Enfield.<P>Maidenhead have had their chance with Aldershot.<BR>Hitchin v Hampton & R dunno.<P>Chesham v Harrow draw<BR>Gravesend v Sutton home win<BR>Heybridge v Billericay away win<BR>Kingstonian v bedford draw

Nice to see you've put Billericay down for an away win but lets look at the form this season.<P>Braintree loose 4-0 to Aldershot and the next game Braintree beat us 1-0.<P>Kingstonian have an indifferent run, loosing to Braintree 1-0, next game do Billericay 4-1.<P>Heybridge are having a poor run, next game... <P>You may think that I'm not us up beat as I should be but Billericay have a severe confidence problem at the mo. Yep, we need to beat someone 4-0 or something......<P>Oh, and bad luck for going out of the F A Cup to our fellow New Lodgers (lodgers.... get it....hee, hee, hee).<BR>Shame.....

Can't believe someone suggested we'd draw with Harrow??<P>We few Chesham fans (bear in mind it's only me on this site) have feelings too. I am cofident we'll beat Harrow tonight by a clear 2 goals, Wayne 'the goal machine, 11 goals in 11 games' Andrews will hit all 3 and be crowned King of the World. What's to say I can't exaggerate?<P>Unfortunately I won't be there to witness it. I have to travel to Beautiful, Beautiful Brixton for a concert.<P>Gazza you sound depressed, in moments like these remember, 'it's going to be ok, I don't support Croydon'. That always puts a bad performance in to perspective, unless you lose at Croydon, but they have an innovative merchandising idea there now, as you leave the ground you can buy a T-shirt saying 'I lost my soul at Croydon'. Anyhow to the predictions....<P>Aldershot Town 2-1 Maidenhead United (aet) <BR>Hitchin Town 1-2 Hampton & Richmond <P>Premier Division <BR>Chesham United 3-1 Harrow Borough <BR>Enfield 0-1 Braintree Town <BR>Gravesend & Northfleet 4-1 Sutton United <BR>Heybridge Swifts 1-2 Billericay Town <BR>Kingstonian 1-0 Bedford Town

A very sensible prediction there "Irony" - why do you bother?<P>A bit bitter about your season being over already are you? It's quite clearly a mistake to pick up too many points too early in this division when you have no hope of winning it - you're left with nothing to play for. At least our league games will be meaningful for a while longer yet.

Umm yes Bald Eagle we really want to be in the "meaningful" position you are in - fighting the one relegation spot - yep seasons over no more cups to play for no league wins to go for - get real!!<P>Anyway can't stop to exchange niceties B.Eagle - Borehamwood - err sorry Enfield beckons. smile.gif" border="0

Mr Irony,<BR>A bit touchy it seems. You make the mistake of taking my comments seriously. Of course we don't want to be down in the position we're in. We want to win the league (ok, be mid-table) and have a decent FA Cup run just like everyone else.<P>If you think you're going to win the league then you're dreaming. If you think we're going down your even more of a dreamer. I just think with one up and one down there are going to be a great many meaningless games throughout much of the season.<P>Incidentally I couldn't go to Kingstonian tonight and the BBC website is playing up - is there anywhere else I can find half-time scores? It broke just after announcing Enfield were winning - the system must have been in a state of shock eh Mr Irony?

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to rethink the extent of your dreaminess with repect to our prospects.<P>We'll start picking up some points soon though surely. Won't we? It would be lovely to be be involved in some meaningless mid-table games.<P>It does actually make an interesting change after many years of challenging for or winning promotion (and so expecting to win every game) as we porgressed back up the leagues. Suddenly a hard fought 1-1 draw is a great result. Well it would be if we could ever manage a draw.<P>Up the Eagles.

Hey Mr. Eagle.<P>Don't let Mr. Irony get ya down. Humour in that part of Essex is just a six letter word, just like supporter is a 9 letter word.<P>They may look it up and discover what they mean and live by the meaning.<P>And as for the dreaming comment. The smoke to many root vegtables up there.<P>"Get real, get high, man".

Yer apologies Mr B.Eagle - didn't get the Bedford humour and I was rushing out to the match - but if you re-read my message no-where have I said we would win the league however I sense another Essex side getting into their stride - so I hope you will see the champions coming from Essex - but not us!!<P>And as for you "Mr" Gazza where's this "laid back chill-out" come from - unnerving!<P>Finally my predictions were as usuual way off beam but if Kingstonian had scored another 6 goals well.... never mind B.Eagle your results will come and yes it hurts me to say you will stay up - nothing like a lesson in humility on the way though! grin.gif" border="0