Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players of fans who are we?

Just a neutral fan now, support whoever my son is playing for, spent 2 seasons at Ruislip Manor now he is moving on. Great forum though could have a bit of fun when the season kicks off. Look forward to the difference of opinions concerning results and playing performances.

Steve, yes the Forum seems to be coming along well, best thing Ian ever did was to finally get his finger out and start one after much prompting (sorry Ian). Who does your son play for now, hopefully he will stay in the SSML, I have noticed that a number of Fathers, albeit not a vast amount, follow their sons through thick and thin, Ted Beckham and Frank Lampard senior style, and that is refreshing although they always seem reluctant to get involved in the nitty, gritty of helping the Club out when approached to sweep the dressing rooms or serve the tea for example, okay well it's worth a try.

I don't think that there are many things SteveL (and indeed his wife) haven't done at the Manor inc sweeping the changing rooms & teas etc. Good luck to Gareth, Steve. Are you no longer involved with the youth setup at the Manor?

Manorborn100, Mrs L will be impressed getting a mention on a footy website, she might stop shouting at me to turn the computer off. Yeah still helping Dean run the Youth team, have you seen the crap on the box gotta do something to get out of the house. Hope the Manor do well this season although sad to see PP shown the door. Not too many new faces at the Manor at the moment, expect that to change as the season approaches and if they don't make a decent start expect to see many more.It's back to the Black and White stripes this season but with white shorts and white socks. Don't think Mrs L willl volunteer to wash that.

Hi Steve, there are more Ruislip Manor fans on here now than everyone else put together. Have you heard that we (Kentish Town) might be going to Grosvenor Vale for a pre season friendly on 3 August, Lato has already ordered me a pint of Stella and it's all down to George to decide. What do you make of the new Management set up at Ruislip, it has totally changed and will presumably take the team a while to settle into a pattern.

Quote:
SteveL said:
Yeah still helping Dean run the Youth team, have you seen the crap on the box gotta do something to get out of the house. Hope the Manor do well this season although sad to see PP shown the door.

Glad to hear that both you and Dean are still involved - both top blokes in my opinion. I know the comments that have been made re winning (or not) with kids etc, but I think the new Management are keen to bring youth players forward in the future and I knew you and Dean are masters of that.
I was also saddened by Paul's departure - a tough act to follow (at least he went out on a high by winning the league cup & against Hillingdon of all teams FANTASTIC)- but life goes on as they say.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Have you heard that we (Kentish Town) might be going to Grosvenor Vale for a pre season friendly on 3 August, Lato has already ordered me a pint of Stella and it's all down to George to decide.

I don't think that George is officially involved anymore, so it's not likely to be his decision.

SteveL, will Mrs L...(is that the new 'official' handle) be gracing us with her two pennyworth on this site?

Top stuff that you and Dean are continuing to run the youth team..lets hope they continue to succeed in bringing players through.