Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-September 18 )

• Photo
    GaryFB

• Photo
    Harry J Allstars

• Photo
    PJ!

• Photo
    Jenko

• Photo
    NelsonM

• Photo
    RamsgateMICK

• Photo
    roxya

Photo

Lord Gibson of St. Albans

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline LSoK

LSoK
  • Trainee
So...he paid off the debts? which ones or all?
Who is going to be playing on tues?
wilmot
ryan, corey, rattle
wraight, evans, smith
martin, bignall, nabil, ansell
who have i forgotten?

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
I have no wish to be flamed again so I will post the comments in the NLP without comment.<p>"Gibsons's company, William Verry Holdings, based in East London bought City for an undisclosed fee from Harding, who had been named by the supporters as the man responsible for the club's situation.<p>However Gibson has moved quickly to warn fans that the job of saving the club is far from over. He highlighted the fact that poor attendances had not helped the cause.<p>'Our company has made a loan, which would be better supplemented by donations or payment of season tickets from supporters' said Gibson. 'I'm very interested in trying to get 500 season tickets sold with perhaps a donation added.<p>'We are not a bottomless pit. We bought the club as a subsidiary, which means I have shareholders and directors that I have to satisfy. I'm a quantity surveyor so I am used to battling for every penny on a job. <p>'Based on the information I've been given, I haven't been impressed by the lack of use of the ground and the marketing options available. <p>'I think a lot more could have been done in that direction'.<p>..............................<p>The clubs debt is believed to be about £300,000 and co-manager Steve Cook said the players alone are owed more than £20,000<p>[Cllr] Macmillan said that the councillor recognised that the club wanted to move to a new ground in the long term and said that such a move would be to a green field site".<p>Best of luck.

offline sparrow

sparrow
  • Onlooker
And the point that you are trying to make is....?

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Sparrow:
<strong>And the point that you are trying to make is....?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>The way I read the statement, he may have paid off the debts this time round but he might not do the same in the future, no doubt depending on the circumstances at the time. All clubs who mainly rely on one person/company, and this is most clubs between the very big and those which are in essence the football arm of a social club and therefore tend to be mutual, are in same boat.

offline AFF

AFF
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I take the view that the local and non-league press is a medium to maintain the profile of The Club.<p>Any quote attributed to any Official should be treated with some caution. In John Gibson's case, it is an interesting diversion to analyse what he is reported to have said but dangerous to jump to firm conclusions. We can ask him.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
>>Mr Sparrow <p>I said that I didn't want to be flamed again and I am merely reporting what was printed. <p>>>AFF
I think it is a good idea to ask him. Clarence Park is a lot of land. Why should the saints need a Green Field site? What does he mean when he states that marketing opportunities have not been looked at?<p>BTW have you seen the Jarman Park facilities at Hemel Hempstead?

offline Rob_the_Saint

Rob_the_Saint
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Steph<p>Enfield Town is it? You seem to be spending a lot of time on here. Perhaps you should be asking your own grounds committee how they're getting on? I know a chap on the committee who's got a bit more time on his hands these days.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Rob The Saint<p>Thank you for the advice, I will be getting a report from the grounds committee as there is a meeting of the owners, of which I am one, on the 28th October.

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AFF:
<strong>I take the view that the local and non-league press is a medium to maintain the profile of The Club.<p>Any quote attributed to any Official should be treated with some caution. In John Gibson's case, it is an interesting diversion to analyse what he is reported to have said but dangerous to jump to firm conclusions. We can ask him.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I am with you on this one. However, don't forget Phil Wallace stopped funding Boreham Wood because of the apathy of local residents. In the case of St Albans, it isn't you lot who would be the cause of a similar thing happening to your club a few years down the line, but those who would rather go and watch Watford once in a blue moon than St Albans more often. Anything that maintains or, better still, improves the profile of the club can only be good so if you can get friends to turn up who never bothered going before or can get people who gave up in the last few years to come back, give it a go. I don't know what St Albans' "Football in the Community" effort is like, but that is a major way of getting local councillors, schools, etc. on your side.<p>Give it a go, good luck and hopefully your new chairman won't regret his decision to back the club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus