Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Herts Charity Cup

HTFCew - Do you or Potters Bar Town happen to know what the criteria is to compete in this competition, there are only eight teams taking part but surely more could enter and I would have tried to put Kentish Town forward if possible.

I thought that the Herts Charity Cup was the same as the Herts Charity Shield but looking at the draw above it's clearly not, confusing! In the Shield today Broxbourne Borough beat Colney Heath 6-0 with a second half hat trick from Lee Newman, Leverstock Green won 2-1 at Hatfield Town and St Margaretsbury beat Welwyn Garden City 3-2 at Station Road. It sounds like Hertford Town were unlucky to just go down 1-0 today to Hemel Hempstead Town, does anyone know the other three results particularly Potters Bar Town as no doubt he (Potters Bar Town) will be on here soon.

Results from Hertfordshire FA games played on Saturday 12th August 2006 :

Charity Cup 1st Round

Hertford Town 0 Hemel Hempstead Town 1

Hitchin Town 2 Ware 0

Charity Shield 1st Round

Broxbourne Borough V&E 6 Colney Heath 0

Hadley 1 Leverstock Green 2

Hatfield Town 1 Tring Athletic 3

London Colney 2 Hoddesdon Town 0

St Margaretsbury 3 Welwyn Garden City 2

Sun Postal Sports 2 Whitewebbs 1

plus results of matches played Tuesday 8th August :

Charity Cup 1st Round

Berkhamsted Town 0 Bishop's Stortford 3

Charity Shield 1st Round

Sawbridgweworth Town 4 Royston Town 1

FIXTURES FOR TUESDAY 15TH AUGUST

Charity Cup 1st Round

Potters Bar Town v Cheshunt

Charity Shield 1st Round

Harpenden Town v Oxhey Jets

Potters Bar Town - Thanks for the info, that explains why I couldn't find your result against Cheshunt. What game did you attend yesterday then, let me guess, Northwood v Hendon?

Results from matches played Tuesday August 15th 2006

Charity Cup 1st Round

Potters Bar Town 1 Cheshunt 0

Charity Shield 1st Round

Harpenden Town 2 Oxhey Jets 1

Revised draws:

Charity Cup semi finals (to be played by 31/1/07)

Bishops Stortford v Potters Bar Town

Hemel Hempstead Town v Hitchin Town

Charity Shield 2nd Round (to be played by 30/11/06)

Broxbourne Borough V&E v London Colney

Leverstock Green v Tring Athletic

Sun Postal Sports v Harpenden Town

St Margaretsbury v Sawbridgeworth Town

Potters Bar Town - Thanks for the information, I expect you got down on your knees and thanked God that Hemel Hempstead narrowly beat Hertford Town on Saturday incase you ended up meeting them in the final of the Charity Cup.

On the contrary, a Cup Final against an SSML club would have been ideal. One game at a time though, we need to worry about our own semi against Stortford before we concern ourselves with opponents for the Final. We knocked them out at our place last year so I'm sure they'll want revenge this time around.

Okay but I get the impression that you're not flavour of the month with the Hertingfordbury Road faithful following your comments about their hallowed turf and if you were to meet them, as will be the case if they beat Berko in the other County Cup competition, there will be a welcoming party for you involving a rope with a noose hanging from a tree like in the old Cowboy Westerns.