Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Flackwell Heath

For those that may find this interesting or have an interest in this seasons opponents - I took this from the AFC Sudbury site......

Quote:
Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:31

Heathens Sack Manager

Heathens sack Glasgow

Flackwell Heath have appointed a new manager after Geoff Glasgow was sacked following last Tuesday's 7-1 defeat to Marlow.

It was only Glasgow's second game at the helm, having replaced Andy Driscoll in the summer his first was a 3-1 friendly win against Rayners Lane.

Glasgow, who has been involved with Flackwell for more than ten years as player and coach with the youth and reserve teams, said: "When they first appointed me they thought I was the perfect man for the job, but I think they had someone else in the pipeline ever since they got promotion."

League restructuring saw the Heathens promoted to the Ryman League Division One North at the end of June.

Glasgow said: "I'm gutted. I didn't get the support from the club and it's a real kick in the teeth."

Flackwell Heath had a new man in charge almost immediately, with Byron Walton returning as boss.

Walton is a former boss at Flackwell and has managed Hemel Hempstead Town and Egham.

Chairman Terry Glynn said: "He's a friend so I knew he was available. When I explained our situation he was happy to help out.

"It was hard letting Geoff go, but I'm here to make these decisions. I have to lead the club and after waiting 12 years to get into the Ryman League, I don't want to throw it away by not making the right decision, and last night was the right decision."

Following last season's fourth place, the manager and all but three of the players left the club, leaving Glasgow with nothing but youngsters to work with.

The club suggest this would have been suitable for the Spartan League, but after their belated promotion Glasgow's inability to attract senior players was seen as problem.

Glasgow said: "It takes time, but they didn't give me any."

Glynn said: "He's a good coach, but this was his first senior management role and no-one knew who he was."

With thanks to Buck Free Press

www.bucksfreepress.co.uk