Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-November 17 )

• Photo
    TORSTEN FRINGS

• Photo
    hangthedj

• Photo
    Hillier9

• Photo
    andy j

• Photo
    Lato

• Photo
    guestperson

• Photo
    HISTONGIRL

• Photo
    Sailesy

• Photo
    billericay gooner

• Photo
    PWE681522

Photo

Laz in the Telegraph

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
3 replies to this topic

offline daveyboond

daveyboond
  • Trainee
There was an article about EFC/ETFC in yesterday's Telegraph, containing this surprising quote:

"I'm afraid I have become the issue," concluded Lazarou, a property developer. "If that is the case, I will step aside and let the clubs get together and find the solution to a permanent home in the borough."

Full article can be seen at this cumbersome URL:

http://www.sport.tel...17/ixfooty.html

offline Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
There's nothing there from Laz that he didn't say two years ago. If he'd kept his promise to walk away at that time we (EFC and ETFC) wouldn't be where we are now. I wonder what's stirred him this time? Legal advice on his lawsuit with the Council? Legal advice on the FA charges?

I for one would have no problem with ETFC and a Laz-free EFC groundsharing (which would seem the obvious solution).

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I agree that this is the usual old non-story, the usual old half-truths (at best) from the villian of the piece. I presume that this inspired the Enfield Gazette article, which I have not seen yet?

Is it me, or was it obvious that Eros was no threat to the Starlight as it has a completely different clientele (or did at that time)? But this is going over very old ground (pardon the pun).

I'm not sure about a ground share between the two clubs. The fan base would of course be split, but I don't think many would go back to EFC from ETFC.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The two sides will never merge; things are to far down the road it's like asking the yids and gooners to get together.

As for the trust taking a look at the book, no chance, why cant the supporters left get together with TL and sort things out.

It seems to me that the best option is for the people who really love the club and stayed to keep things going to run the club.

TL was happy to let the supporters run it at one point and he changed his mind WHY?

That was his call, but just before he changed his mind is where the EFC Supporters Club have to come in, find out what he want and say what they want, then see if something can be sorted out.

All the people slagging TL off have gone lets sit down and see if we cannot start from that point.

I would ask the people who read this site and know more about it than many others to think long and hard about the future, if TL wants out who don't you want in.

You may have heard this all before ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus