Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last Night

Would have the match report on by now usually, but didn't get in 'til v late and I'm off fishing now! First 10 minutes complete rout 2-0 up, then their c/f scored with an overhead bicycle kick from outside the box with their first attack, which HTFC One may wish to comment on. After that Kentish Town started to get a bit rough. The (Level 3) ref, who had previously done two very competitive games for us against Cheshunt and Hemel without booking anyone, felt compelled to start booking Kentish Town players on a regular basis. Without numbers on their shirts, his task was not easy. We made 6 changes at half time (having left 4 key players out of the squad altogether).

Brazil 1970's Rhodes? No.

their goal was a bit freaky...although he wasnt outside the box horace!...if i remember rightly it was a throw-in on the touch line level with the penalty spot that was thrown into the forward who with his back to goal hooked/overhead kicked the ball that sailed over everyone into the far top corner...not sure weather he meant it...with so many bodies in front of me i never saw it untill it was up over me...even if i had seen it i wouldnt have got it...never had my step ladders on me last night !

disagree HTFC One, I'd say just outside.. but only just. Had a perfect in line view from the stand and as soon as he hit it I called the goal before you even saw it. Straight in the top corner!

After first 15 mins I thought it was going to be a right thumping for Kentish as they had the slowest, flat, squarest back four i've ever seen. We regularly got behind them and only bad finishing and poor crossing kept the score down.

Give them credit they worked harder, reorganised and in places played some pretty good stuff. Best two KTFC players for me were the two centre mids one of whom had to go off unjured towards the end of the first half.

Second half wasn't the best, all the changes led to Hertford losing their shape and both sides were regularly giving the ball away. Not much else to note.

Was definetly outside the box!! Fair play to the fella tho, he had no right scoring from there, HTFC1 had no chance it was 1 of them goals that you just have to apploud..

We should have been 5-0 up in the first 30 mins!!

Kentish Town were nothing more then a decent Sunday side.

I used to play with a few of their players in my younger days, Lee Scott and big Tommy at Tufnell Park boys..

Folks - I will be in later on when it quietens down a bit at work to comment on your above posts which seem a little one sided although I don't deny that Hertford Town deserved their narrow 2-1 victory. I am quite surprised that you are not all raving more about our goal which surely was goal of the season already before we even start, I don't think you will see a better one at Hertingfordbury Park for many a long year, it reminded me of Brazil 1970!

Rhodes - we were awful after the opening quarter, and Kentish Town were a lot worse! You may take comfort from the narrow scoreline if you wish, but we began without four key players from Saturday, and then withdrew six more! Not one player who had been in the starting line-up against Hemel Hempstead in the Herts Charity Cup on Saturday started the second half last night! And yes, that goal of yours was spectacular. He should have saved it for a competitive game, as he'll never do that again!

Quote:
HTFC ONE said:
Ha ha...class AN...although i dont believe them teaming up 'could be magic' ?

They're trying to relight Hertfords fire but I guess now it's time for them to give up, I think it's time! I mean it only takes a minute HTFCOne, to score a goal, score a goal.

Could this be the magic at last? All I do each night is pray!

[****!!****] customers.. pay support and then call you up expecting you to fix their problems!! The verve of it.

Been.. not a lot doing .. one small chub and one decent perch .. back to wash the kit, write the match report, bait Rhodes, make a few begging phone calls, etc