Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

David Seaman on the BBC Last Night

Phil Old Boy

Sorry this has nothing to do with our club but this has been on my mind. I was wondering what last night’s programmes was all about. It showed DS being a nice bloke visiting and thanking a school who made him a big card after all the abuse he received after that goal in the world cup. One little girl asked him something and he replied that the card cheered him up as he felt lonely and upset. Then the programme went on to show what a family man David is, how he came to stardom and showed him training in goal saving many shots. There were contributions from Owen and Beckham, who also mentioned what a nice bloke he was, but after a while, all this left me feeling rather sick so I went to bed well before the end. In all, it seemed like this programme was made just for a PR exercise for Seaman for his world cup mistake and did not reveal anything worthwhile. Perhaps I am being unfair and missing something. I was looking forward to watching Southend get beat in the FA cup replay as well.