Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Do You Concede Yet.

Tonight I have once again witnessed Gravesend & Northfleet demolish yet another Ryman legend in Sutton Utd. And being fair they have clearly turned the corner and matched ‘The Fleet’ for the first 45. They though like so many others just could not keep the pace and like Billericay last week found themselves being toyed with for the rest of the game. I suggest to you all now that the title has already been decided. Aldershot the only team big enough to challenge are already falling behind with their games and perhaps like Canvey last year will decide that there is just no point in filling out their fixtures. Perhaps they can win the FA Trophy instead. So why not concede now.

Methinks you are making a rod for your own backs with your cocky talk. A seam of good form doesn't make you champions (apart from in your own mind). This is a marathon not a sprint, ok you're looking good a third the way round the course. Expect some **** taking later on if the wheels start coming off. shocked.gif" border="0

Do we concede yet??? we've just won 5-0, Andrews has 12 goals in 12 games and you're asking if we concede yet....<P>Er, no we don't.<P>Unfortunately can't tell you much about it as I was at the Brixton Academy watching a rather excellent Welsh band. I just enjoyed receiving the old text messages....

No way do we concede - the games in hand are not a problem at this stage. The season is a marathon not a sprint and at some point every team will have a bad run - the key is to keep the bad run as short as possible.<P>It will also be a question of strength in depth - At the moment the Shots are playing without three first choice midfielders and I think we might finally have that strength in depth.<P>As far as I am concerned it is too close to call between Aldershot, Gravesend and Canvey. But we shall see.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron knob:<BR><STRONG>Methinks you are making a rod for your own backs with your cocky talk. A seam of good form doesn't make you champions (apart from in your own mind). This is a marathon not a sprint, ok you're looking good a third the way round the course. Expect some **** taking later on if the wheels start coming off. shocked.gif" border="0</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's almost certainly true, but as we did not really expect to be this high this season, you can't blame us for enjoying it while we can, can you? wink.gif" border="0

Aldershot I can understand, they are still up there and will remain so. The trouble is until they learn to play football rather than kick teams aside they are going to suffer from discipline problems<P>Verdict : A Threat<P>Chesham, I just cant believe that chap thinks they still may have a chance. Nice performance at our place. Caught us on the hop. It wont happen again.<P>Verdict : Too far adrift. We wont drop that many points<P>Braintree : Someone did reply from that club I think<P>Verdict : Too far adrift and playing us soon. Another big win for the Fleet on its way<P>Wish I had more time<P>carjam

Yep that's it carjam it's all over now, not many more games to go so whats the ppoint, no way anyone's gonna catch you guys!<BR>pheew you guys were awsome, talk about winning the league and only playing handfull of games at that.<BR>Now if you don't mind carjam I'm off to swallow a bottle of tablets! <BR>I need to get right of me head, where can I get some of those ones your taking??? cool.gif" border="0 cool.gif" border="0

Oh Carjam, the one thing I have learnt is you have to be optimistic, I don't think we're the favourites for this league, but I think we're in with a shout.<P>I do hark back a bit and I have seen Chesham win this league. You know when you're going to win the league when every game you ask, 'so how much are we going to win by today?'. It's already painfully clear that every team is beatable. That's why I think it is still possible.<P>I still find this league really frustrating, if, like division one there was a top 6 play off area, Chesham could have quite easily been promoted by now, like Aldershot, Billericay or Canvey. The coference turning in to div 4 could help this. Anyway, this is all coincidental, if I can't be optimistic after a 5-0 rout and being one of the few teams to beat Gravesend when can I?<P>Oh yeah, when we're on top, see you there! smile.gif" border="0

Just one thing Carjam!! Having lost 3 of our first 13 games Braintree have already had their bad run so don't write us off just yet.I doubt we will play as badly again this season as we did at Aldershot so don't get too ahead of yourself. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Oh dear, I forgot our friends Canvey (cant wait to play them). I dont blame you for not giving up. With your millions this league should be a piece of Cake. We dont buy many players. <P>Verdict : Big Threat, but it dosent matter as in the unlikely event that they pushed Gravesend into second the conference wouldent allow them in. Remember their ground. It's liable to flooding from the Thames. Its not safe, it's freezing cold. Nobody wants them. There are some things that money just cannot buy.<P>Carjam

hehe car jam u crack me up..your poncy ex big boy team will turn to [****!!****] come january as they always do.. then you will leave the league to the big boys from essex (apart from the shots)... your pants, your an excuse for a ferry trip,and your living in the late 70's .. do one **** boy!

Lads, lads, calm down, calm down. Whats all this anger.......<BR>It's only football.<BR>But what does make me laugh is all of thei we're gonna win the league (Gravesend) and we've had the last of our bad run (Braintree).<BR>I just wish I had your crystal ball. Everyone at Billericay was going nuts about being top of the league a month ago, now look. And don't those supporters all look silly now!!!<BR>Lets just enjoy our footie (with a bit of banter) and wait 'till March comes around. then we'll see who's in the running and who is not - My bet is Aldershot followed by Canvey, Gravesend, Billericay and Boreham Wood or Kingstonian.

Hi Gazza dude, still on that wacky baccy i see, wink.gif" border="0 Must be nice, seeing life through that blue haze. whats all the hassle man, its only football.lol. Were Billericay top of the league? When was that? you must have dropped away a fair bit since, which team was it that brought you down to earth? Good luck Billericay you're recent form suggests anything but a top 5 spot. Strange things happen and its kinda cute that all clubs have their adoring fans. One tip however, keep your money in your wallet.