Jump to content

Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 26-February 18 )

  • Photo
    Lancashire Saint

    Age: 55

  • Photo
    thanetneutral

    Age: 27

  • Photo
    TinHat

    Age: 27

  • Photo
    Localfan

    Age: 58

  • Photo
    kylec

    Age: 25

  • Photo
    Darran6

    Age: 27

  • Photo
    sherry99

    Age: 35

  • Photo
    Didier

    Age: 60

  • Photo
    Ian Edwards

    Age: 57


Photo

Eastenders looking to"sex-up" new cast

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

#1
offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
    Offline
  • Posts: 2,981
  • Joined: 9 May 2002
If Eastenders wish to sex up with new faces should they relate to the present population condition?
Figures quoted recently state that one in three of the East end population is white with two in three faces being black or Asian.
If the BBC is truly attempting to show life in this area as it truly is are they being disingenuous to the black and Asian peoples who now dominate in the East end.
Should the Mosque be the centre of activity rather than a pub?

#2
offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
    Offline
  • Posts: 18,955
  • Joined: 27 Nov 2002
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
Eastsideurchin could do with some sexing up...now that would be far more interesting!

#3
offline Sharming Paula

Sharming Paula
  • Youth Team Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 8,565
  • Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Quote:
coupwotcoup said:
Eastsideurchin could do with some sexing up...now that would be far more interesting!


Couldn't we all <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" />

#4
offline Bigun

Bigun
  • Trainee
    Offline
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Quote:
pabird said:
If Eastenders wish to sex up with new faces should they relate to the present population condition?
Figures quoted recently state that one in three of the East end population is white with two in three faces being black or Asian.
If the BBC is truly attempting to show life in this area as it truly is are they being disingenuous to the black and Asian peoples who now dominate in the East end.
Should the Mosque be the centre of activity rather than a pub?


Agree completely, but wouldnt that defeat the Eastenders main theme of being in the 21st Century whilst espousing the 'good old days' of the 1950/60s?

The characters are all modern facimiles of classic Eastend people from a past era. In that way, they can get away with having a token ethnic minority presence for the sake of pyseudo 'authentic characterisation'!

Every survey shows the disintegration of the nucleus family group; low and behold, Eastenders does not seem to conform to that national trend...

Its cheap but unfortunately it sells.

#5
offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
    Offline
  • Posts: 30,420
  • Joined: 13 Mar 2002
  • Location: Dorking, Surrey - God's Little Acre ?
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
Quote:
Paula said:
Quote:
coupwotcoup said:
Eastsideurchin could do with some sexing up...now that would be far more interesting!


Couldn't we all <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" />


I'm sure the offers will come flooding in, Paula ! <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/chloe.gif" alt="" />

#6
offline NotTheRealSteveWest

NotTheRealSteveWest
  • First XI Coach
    Offline
  • Posts: 15,947
  • Joined: 10 Jun 2014
Quote:
Bigun said:
Quote:
pabird said:
If Eastenders wish to sex up with new faces should they relate to the present population condition?
Figures quoted recently state that one in three of the East end population is white with two in three faces being black or Asian.
If the BBC is truly attempting to show life in this area as it truly is are they being disingenuous to the black and Asian peoples who now dominate in the East end.
Should the Mosque be the centre of activity rather than a pub?


Agree completely, but wouldnt that defeat the Eastenders main theme of being in the 21st Century whilst espousing the 'good old days' of the 1950/60s?

The characters are all modern facimiles of classic Eastend people from a past era. In that way, they can get away with having a token ethnic minority presence for the sake of pyseudo 'authentic characterisation'!

Every survey shows the disintegration of the nucleus family group; low and behold, Eastenders does not seem to conform to that national trend...

Its cheap but unfortunately it sells.


Have you forgotten something?

Who would Ian Beale sell bacon butties too and who would Sharon pour pints for?

Mosquenders just wouldn't work fellas!

#7
offline Mailreader

Mailreader
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
    Offline
  • Posts: 242
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Quote:
Not The Real Steve West said:
Quote:
Bigun said:
Quote:
pabird said:
If Eastenders wish to sex up with new faces should they relate to the present population condition?
Figures quoted recently state that one in three of the East end population is white with two in three faces being black or Asian.
If the BBC is truly attempting to show life in this area as it truly is are they being disingenuous to the black and Asian peoples who now dominate in the East end.
Should the Mosque be the centre of activity rather than a pub?


Agree completely, but wouldnt that defeat the Eastenders main theme of being in the 21st Century whilst espousing the 'good old days' of the 1950/60s?

The characters are all modern facimiles of classic Eastend people from a past era. In that way, they can get away with having a token ethnic minority presence for the sake of pyseudo 'authentic characterisation'!

Every survey shows the disintegration of the nucleus family group; low and behold, Eastenders does not seem to conform to that national trend...

Its cheap but unfortunately it sells.


Have you forgotten something?

Who would Ian Beale sell bacon butties too and who would Sharon pour pints for?

Mosquenders just wouldn't work fellas!


Gerouttta my Mosque.... dom derder dom.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus