Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Glad to see that chelmsford are not flying high

Canvey06

The only one I think really deserves our best wishes is Wardy. The others I wish no ill, but feel that perhaps they could have done better for us at the end, or maybe just weren't up Conference level. Hallett and Noto I think we overrated, Minton always went sideways, Ibe never really hit it off, and McKinney was a good keeper but a starnge buy when we already had two class keepers.

As for Jeff, yes it was his money and he has the right to do with it as he wishes, but we all invested emotional capital in Canvey, and as Spiderman's uncle said "with great power comes great responsibility".

I'm not particularly anti-Chelmsford, what's the point? I'm sure they have a lot of committed and decent supporters just like us. However, I must admit that I allow myself a rye smile when I see that their attendances aren't much better than ours last season )okay, I know we were in the Conference).

A key factor for survival in football today is knowing your place, and improving on it gradually. A visit from the short-term money-fairy isn't going to change the long term nature of non-league clubs and may do irreparable damage, leaving those committed fans as those suffering most.

See thats the kind of response we should be getting. No kissing buttocks of a man that should just leave us alone and get on with fu*king up his new club. I dont want to give angry responses all the time and i agree that it should not drag on but i WILL speak my mind if i think that people are out of line or incorrect. That is my right on here and i will not be told to shut up if people are gonna be ignorant.

Spot on! Lads and lasses you cannot change history. What do you gain by trawling over past events? Look to the future and enjoy the ride. You will be a better and more close-knit club for doing so. If our bubble hadn't burst we would have been in the Conference or even League 2 by now. O.K. at the time we were pretty upset but we moved on. You will do so too. Why? Because there is no other option.

Truth of the matter is canvet/jeff no longer exists and Canvey/fans club has just given birth.

The Jeff ride was great fun and only slightly marred by the Jeff hangers on.

The Canvey/Fans experience is up to the investing fans and given its based around fans cannot be taken away.

Watching, participating and actively encouraging the players and novice club management team could have far greater rewards than hitching a ride on some one else’s band wagon.

The team is the product of the fans and management efforts and this team has the makings of an exiting ride for all followers but be patient.

Some good points there, Pabird.

While not picking over old bones I do miss some of the old stalwarts and would love to see the likes of Greggors and wardy do well wherever they play!

Others came and went for the money, others when you take their shirt of you still see yellow and it aint their dodgy liver.

Others like Ollie, I look to see if they have slipped up (in hope)!!

Berquez, Miller, Stimmo those are the ones who used us to better their own ends. The likes of Wardy and Greggors will always be Canvey through and through.

I have to say that there is a lot of hurt felt by a few Canvey supporters from the King era and the verbal handed out to these supporters by some of his crew. I witnessed it at the turnstyles, I have now seen some those supporters back at Park Lane. Lets hope the missing continue to return and never to be insulted again at Park Lane!!

Sorry but can't really criticise Olly. I thought he was a key player and never given the credit he deserved.

When Jeff Minton was injured at Billericay on Boxing Day a few years back, allowing Berquez to come into the role supporting Lee up fornt led to our best football.

I can't blame him for leaving us to go full time at Stevenage, Jeff King didn't seem to like him so he had to go.

Personally, and I have said this on this forum a hundred times before, he was our main link player and we never replaced him. If we had who knows what we would have achieved.

As far as I'm concerned, he was (and maybe still is a quality player) who was never given the opportunities his abilities deserved at our club.