Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight: Reserves -vs- Basildon Utd

Matt H

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
Me and Linney will be there, just before we jet off to Prague for the Spurs game that is!

Are you going tonight? Where you flying from? Part of M25 is shut after a crash and will remain so until later tonight according to the news.

I should be there tonight.

Quote:
ronin said:
Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
Me and Linney will be there, just before we jet off to Prague for the Spurs game that is!

Are you going tonight? Where you flying from? Part of M25 is shut after a crash and will remain so until later tonight according to the news.

apparently its still being cleared, one man died.

The Reserves won 1-0 tonight despite missing a penalty, and a very encouraging performance in very wet and slippery conditions.

The line-up consisted of mostly the U18s who battled hard for everything for ninety minutes. If some of those that played tonight, break into the first team during the next couple of seasons then our future seems very bright going on tonight's display.

Any chance of having the first names of the Reserve players who played added to the line-up? I only recognise a few from this list:

R. Buckman

Ben Halesey - Cause he scored

T. Makinde

Matt Grocott - In the Squad photo

Cameron Stewart

Dean Cross - Returned from Chelmsford?

T. Benjamin

C. Thete

Ishmal Rethepi

Ambrose Kamara - Looked good. Really tall and skillful striker

Victor Okisor

P. Dell

M. Rugg

Sammy Samier

Certainly nothing special.

Their Midfield went AWOL and 9 times out of 10 their attackers were caught offside. Obviously the conditions were pretty horrendous given the weather, but Canvey were always comfortably in the driving seat and I recall probably only two clear Basildon chances one towards the end of each half. If anything the weather made us more up for it. As soon as the crackles of thunder got louder so did our players who seemed to strive further.

Their 'Keeper saved a poorly taken penalty, but it was too easy for our wingers to get behind their fullbacks. Their Coach kept calling for the first and second ball, which was a rarerity, even if they got the first they never got the second, (I think I overheard someone say that their Manager was actually playing - No. 3 - The rather bald and portly gentleman).

In fairness 1-0 flattered them and better finishing would've seen us win by a more comfortable margin.

Didn't see a great deal of the game as I was sheltering from the second half storm in the bar but Halsey took his goal superbly. Most players would have smashed it over the bar but showed a cool head for someone of his young age.

I heard you were chatting to Jnr, he said on the way home, "I had a good chat with Yellow, I did not realise he new so much about Canvey"!

Then I knew it must have been someone else!!!!!

He was telling me about his fantasy team line up!!!