Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TEAM NEEDS COACHING!

Timewaster

Coaches cost money and if the club is on a budget then it might not be able to afford it.

Personally, i think the majority of the players have done well this year. Its been a step up for them from reserve football and trouncing teams 5-0 every week.

My only concern is that a couple go missing when the tough gets going. Cant say i've seen Lee Jay bust a gut this season. Seems to have quality but not the desire. Blewer has had good games followed by bad patches and West's mistakes are there for everyone to see.

I'm not sure a few of them knew how hard it would be but you cant coach teams on how to roll up their sleeves and dig in.

I don't understand why you can't stick to your own forum instead of invading ours all the bloody time. I'm not against you posting here every now and then, but what you refer to as 'banter' is just a constant annoyance. If it happened every now and then after a bad loss or something, I could understand, but as it is now. Why?

For some players beyond the sort of 18-to-20 year age group making it up one or two grades to what they are accustomed to will be a step beyond their natural talent and for others being able to adapt to a more relentless 90 minute week-in week-out grind of 100% commitment is never going to happen.

Fortunately the signs are that we have sufficient in numbers to allow very real progress for the team over a period of 2 to 3 years with the certainty that as we progress other talented players at this and better levels will wish to join.

Extra coaching staff, well money talks, and Canvey (new) are a still evolving and the back up to John will no doubt happen in the fullness of time.

Quote:
Benny said:

My only concern is that a couple go missing when the tough gets going. Cant say i've seen Lee Jay bust a gut this season. Seems to have quality but not the desire. Blewer has had good games followed by bad patches and West's mistakes are there for everyone to see.

I'm not sure a few of them knew how hard it would be but you cant coach teams on how to roll up their sleeves and dig in.

How the [****!!****] does a thread thats supposed to be a discussion about coaching become a "lets slagg off some of the players" thread.
its obvious that they need coaching, its not just about running around like an idiot. as for mistakes that's the point of coaching - to teach and instruct.
however, can we afford it? obviously not.
just hope that it dont prove to be a false economy.

In all fairness what is sad is that some of you lot get the hump that someone asks one of your fans how a trip away went,have you not heard of just continuing the debate after a couple of irrelevant posts,all you end up doing is turning people further away from canvey.some of your fans are top blokes but others can be miserable gits.This all started coz i asked linney if his trip went ok!!

Pathetic

bollox ribbit you do talk crap,how was i winding you up on this thread,by asking one of your fellow fans whether they had a nice trip to prague

Get a life sonny,they didn't have a problem with it last night so why the f*ck you do,your problem is with hornchurch

Get this straight,you do not own the forum,nor do i,it is a noticeboard for canvey island but is linked up to another 20 odd teams who can all converse with each other,if you don't like it start an indipendent forum up so only canvey fans can use it

There has always been the judgment call on whether or not critical comment on particular players is a reasonable call on the forum.

For younger players probably not, for older players the critical comment can be made but really should avoid spiteful comment when the writer may not know all the circumstance i.e. managers do ask unfit/injured players to make an extra effort and play.

Also it has to be said that if a player is a regular on the end of spiteful comment then that player (one of our players) will fail to improve.i.e. We can undermine the manager’s work in attempting to improve a young players confidence and therefore performance levels.

The difference in performance in a single individual when he lacks confidence and when he is fully confident and pumped up to play can be vast.

Quote:
Gully said:
Quote:
Benny said:

How the [****!!****] does a thread thats supposed to be a discussion about coaching become a "lets slagg off some of the players" thread.
its obvious that they need coaching, its not just about running around like an idiot. as for mistakes that's the point of coaching - to teach and instruct.
however, can we afford it? obviously not.
just hope that it dont prove to be a false economy.

Gully, as a forum, this is a place to give opinions. i'm not slating anyone, just giving my opinion on what i pay to see.

i've touched on the coaching side but like i said, these players seem to have the ability but sometimes not the desire.

Take Nicky Rugg for example. Hasn't got the skill, pace and touch of say, Lee Jay, but by God the lad doesnt stop for 90 minutes! works his socks of and comes off the pitch exhausted!! Thats desire, hard work and commitment. Whereas Lee Jay was coming through into a Conference squad at one point and now isnt performing. It all starts with hard work and it seems to me some players give it whereas others dont.

Its a valid point and i'm not slaughtering anyone for no reason. I pay my money every game i go to and sometimes there's two players on the same team at two ends of the spectrum where hard work is concerned.

Gully, i'll listen to your point of view but dont go getting angry and dismiss my comments as rubbish when every thing i have said is pretty much spot on.