Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aveley

I brought my big bro on Saturday.his first Canvey game. the 2 players he picked out were Ricky & Clyde, he thought our keeper did well(not just for the pen save) and that the other guy (Clyde) showed potential and was having a good "go". his was obviously an unbiased opinion.

in my opinion Ricky was much improved on the previous week.

Difficult to take onboard for “reserve” team players but there is a major difference at all levels in making the move up to the first team

The levels of physical contact are more severe the need to concentrate for the full 90 minutes is essential and finally the end result is 100% more of both.

If the ex-reserve players now attempting to hold down a first team place wish to hold on to their place then they must buy the whole package including preparation for the game through the week and in particular the evening prior to the game.

Finally of course in the first team their courage will under take a more severe examination and the hits will be harder quicker and with no little skill, as it was known from the start of the season some will some will not make the step up.

Quote:
CanveyLad0 said:
its not just fridays to get ready for a game i dont think they should be out after wednesday

You can't possibly enforce that in a semi-professional league. If we were full-time, Batchy might have some say, but as it is, there's not a lot the club can do if they want to go out the night before a game or whenever else.

the club cant do anything but then its up to the players, what means more getting up on sat pulling on the yellow shirt and taking all three points then going out on a sat nite after a good win or going out on a friday and losing on a sat! these players will get found out by the way they play then they should be dropped

if you want to run a good tight team, you need the players to be well prepared physically and mentally, of my experience at ESL level (not knocking it), a lot of players go out on the razz 2-3 nights a week, some of them would be a lot better players. most of your ressie team from last year, treated the game seriously as they were conference reserve players, after playing against them 5 times in 3 seasons it was clear they were all talented players, i wondered why many of them werent getting a shot at first team? are they not taking it so seriously now?

for a few of them maybe the mentality hasn't changed, they still play with the same players, same manager, same training,

i have only heard good things about john batch and he is more than capable of putting together a side to do well in this league, if the players are contracted, you impose a 48 hour rule, this was in force at Great Wakering while i was there and still is??? no alcohol 48 hours before a game!!! if the players want to break it, get them out!! if they cant respect what they are being told, you dont need them.

you can easily run a semi- pro club to the standard of a pro club, Harlow, GWR, Billericay, Fisher, these guys are part-time but the condition of the players is immense, and the training is top class

Your current squad of players were mostly conference ressies playing against ESL and the occasional Ryman ressie team, and havent done that bad so far to be fair!

to be brutally honest most of your players know that there places are not under threat, i have watched your ressies this season, and have witnessed some good football, but only 2 of them i think are capable of producing the goods at first team level!!

as your GK coach situation been rectified yet??? that would help immensely, i assume craig is helping with training as well???

players should not WANT to go out the night before a game. if you are turning out infront of 400 fans i dont think you want to be hungover. if they are going out the night before a game then some serious questions need to be asked. i doubt they are though.

evem going out on a thursday though you can still feel the effects on saturday??? well i can anyway, maybe just a lightweight!!!

the situation with strength in depth is a problem at your club i feel, all the ressies are mostly 17-19??? some older heads in there would be good, or some 20-25 players capable of playing 1st team, maybe with ryman experience, or go and poach some ESL talent? there are a lot of ESL Players capable of doing a job, mush higher than Ryman 1? smallsy?

I was not suggesting that the lads are on the sauce Friday or Thursday nights.

Playing football at a serious level (or any other sport for that matter) calls for a state of mind where you are able to focus on the next performance and manage that performance in 100% effort and skills offering.

To be dismissed effortlessly in physical confrontation must hurt between the ears and gain a response.

To know where your recovery position is when defending and to make that position every time is a matter of pride not pain.

You must have the energy and the desire to help out a teammate in trouble and it is all the game every game.

The number one possible ever at CIFC being JK.

Quote:
Ribbit said:
Now hang on a minute, a week ago everyone and their dog was slagging Ricky off for his poor kicking. We play one match and his kicking didn't seem any better, yet I get flack for pointing that out. Hardly fair when you were all saying his kicking was rubbish last week.

well it was not everyone cos i for one dont slag off players and did not say a thing!!! you could not have put it better by saying slagging of cos you do that alot with our players and it is not called for!!!!