Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gary Ansell......pratt!

Now we all know we have a fair amount of whingers at the club, here in EFM we tend not to.

Over the years we have seen plenty of players on excessive wages (Dowie's season) who havn't given it there all and plenty of players who quite simply aren't good enough for this level.

But while they wear the blue and yellow we are behind them, until now.....

Gary "ooops there goes my knee/shoulder/groin/little finger again" Ansell was heard on Saturday in the Canvey clubhouse saying how he wished he played for a club like Canvey and then I quote "I mean look at our supporters, they come all the way here in the snow, what a bunch of *********"<p>Well as you live round the corner from Canvey Gary (you are a stereotypical essexman by the way) you are welcome to join the uneducated masses at Canvey.

As they are run by a mulit-millionaire he can foot your crippling hospital bill as well.

Gary you've sucked this club dry, I don't think you've made more than 20 apperances ever and everyones stood by you, good to know how you really feel.

You may be a good striker but to be honest I'd prefere to see Craig MackilSmith on the pitch than you.

Lets hope you make a speedy exit, or maybe a public apoligie!

Did he really, really say that?<p>If you heard him say those words, I would be interested in your interpretation. Did he mean that he would like to play for a club where the supporters don't travel in the snow [sleet]? Did he intend them in gentle mocking as a term of endearment?<p>For me, I have mixed views of Gary Ansell. He is a quality striker, for sure. I think that he doesn't take care of himself on the pitch, hence the injuries, and I don't doubt that they are genuine. As I recall, he was troubled by injuries at Barnet before he came here. Off the pitch, he suffered badly during the 'Harding era' but he doesn't do himself many favours, I'll admit. I take the view that he wears his heart on his sleeve and much of what is criticised in some quarters is down to his frustration at not playing.

It seems Gary would like it at Canvey: they don;t have many supporters for him to insult, they're all thick Essex boys like him and the size of their squad would mean he could sit comforatbly in their squalid bar feigning some injury or other.<p>Gary, if you don't like it at City, **** off!

No, Provo.<p>Perhaps Gary Ansell believes that if two parties sign a contract, they should both honour it; that players aren't all "mercenaries"; and that, as at most Ryman Premier League clubs, insurance should have been taken out against injuries to players [ahh, the great gift of foresight, I hear you say].<p>Hmmn. Talking of foresight. Ansell. Hannigan. Batty. Adebowale. Samuels. Randall. The £7,600 per week budget. Company cars for Batty and Hannigan. The best way to deal with a debt is to ignore it. They knew how to run a Non-League football club then. None of this balance income with expediture clap-trap. Those were the days.

I reckon, including his signing ons, wages, etc., that each Ansell game has cost the Club about £800. Next question - in how many of those games has he been either fit and/or committed?<p>All of a sudden, not one of Mr Mudd's best signings methinx.<p>But, then again, the end of the season is less than two months away & it'll be au revoir Mr. chain-smoker!

Reference to "thousands of pounds out of Harding"; "£800 per game"; slagging off anyone who was once an official at the Club; addressing Kevin as 'Mr' Mudd; desperate attempts to avoid any suggestion of 'blame'; encouraging disharmony.<p>It's ringing bells with me, Colin.<p>It's all rather pathetic really.<p>He would have loved to hear the latest song from the Firm at Canvey last week.

I think you will find that Ansell and the others were Harding signings, as, of course, was the Manager.

One of the many things that Kevin Mudd learned during his brief experience as Manager of The Mighty Saints is that it is not wise for The Chairman to decide upon the signing of new players.

Hannigan. Mison. Batty. Adebowale. £7,600 per week. What a joke.<p>Kevin Mudd is a true Saint and a loyal servant of this club. Be very careful who you slag off, Provo. <p>You remind me of someone.