Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

Under 18s

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
42 replies to this topic

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Over the past 15 years or so Jeff Kings policy seemed to be "buy" in what talent you want - I may be wrong but I doubt any local talent, unless good enough to break into the first team, ever stood a chance of playing for their local club. Club and community didn't really happen.

To be fair to Concorde Rangers they appear to have a structure where by youth teams work their way through the local youth leagues and if players are still at the club, and good enough, they can expect every opportunity to break into the reserves and first team.

However, since Jeffs departure things have changed at CIFC and we now preach "club and community". Any current U18 can now expect to be looked at seriously by the club with an opportunity to break into the ressies or first team if they have the desire and skill.

The second point is what do you class as local? are we going back to the "fortress island" mentality. There are plenty of other local clubs now at ESL and Ryman Prem North level for players to go and play for. If your serious about youngsters making the step up to first team then you have to cast your net further a field and give the club the chance to spot and capture that talent.

You have to ask yourself "does the club provide an opportunity for local kids to play football in its local community" or "does the club provide a structure where by any talent from any location is groomed for possible first team opportunities" - personally IMHO if the club is to gain success and strengthen then we need to be open to any players from any location.

Bermondsey to Romford ain't exactly a stroll through the park and I think you have got to give credit to any and all youth players who are firstly still commited to playing at that age and willing to put in the effort and time to commit to this or any other club.

Finally, well done to any player that represents this club at whatever level and from whatever far flung part of this coutry they come from.

offline Modfather

Modfather
  • Reserves
well said that man....The Canvey based u/18 beat Loughton 2-0 at Castle Veiw School yesterday.
For the record the squad yesterday had 8 players from Canvey, 3 from Wickford, 1 from Basildon and 1 from Benfleet...

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
Personally, I couldn't care less if the players came from Hong Kong, I'd just prefer the club to be based on Canvey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus