Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      19 Jun
    codpiece

RT @Coral: England's goals came from two corners with Harry Kane scoring in the box. When you remember you had Harry Kane taking the corne…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-June 18 )

• Photo
    onebreast

• Photo
    Longshanks

• Photo
    Krooner

• Photo
    wxmfc2000

• Photo
    sidney

• Photo
    brookboy

• Photo
    Barrymono

• Photo
    Crusher

• Photo
    2ndYellow

Kingstonian release 9 players, so far

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
In addition to the already publicised news that our new manager is Steve Sedgley, we have now released 9 players (with maybe more to follow) and rumours are beginning to circulate that Kingstonian FC have gone or are about to go into Receivership. We're already struggling to raise a team for our trip to St Albans tomorrow. Bleak times indeed and explanations are already being sought from those at the top. This sort of disintegration doesn't happen overnight, things have obviously been going on behind the scenes and a return to Divison 1 isn't entirely out of the question even at this comparitively early stage of the season. OK, so maybe it might be a little bit too soon to hit the panic button right now, but my finger is poised to strike it in the next couple of months if things don't improve on the pitch (yes I know, losing to Brockenhurst is nothing to boast about!). I just hope that we can rise for the ashes of our current predicament. Now where's that bottle of Southern Comfort (hic). images/icons/frown.gif" border="0

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Oh good, are they going cheap, cos if they are Rod Moore will have 'em down at Billericay.

offline Barrie Fries

Barrie Fries
  • Trainee
Well it's an interesting position because all of the players realeased seem to be under contract.<P>According to my sources none of the nine will be paid after this week, but those players remaining will be. <P>Now I'm not a legal expert, but as I understand it, that's not kosher. If Kingstonian want to cancel the player's contracts then surely they must pay them off not just sack them.<P>This may run for a while yet.

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
But isn't there some kind of 3 month pay clause. If the players haven't been played they can be released?<P>I don't know but I am sure we might look at some of the released players.

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
I'd have released all 11 players after your abject failure to achieve Mr Irony's prediction of 10-0 against us.<P>Joking aside, and even from our desperate league position, clubs going into receivership is always a bad and sad thing. It happened to us in 1980 and we've only just recovered, although sleeping for 10 years didn't exactly help.<P>Let's hope it doesn't come to that. However, feel free to set yourselves the challenge of somehow slipping below us in the table.

offline Barrie Fries

Barrie Fries
  • Trainee
Well the season isn't three months old yet, that anniversary doesn't occur until the middle of November!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus