Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kingstonian release 9 players, so far

In addition to the already publicised news that our new manager is Steve Sedgley, we have now released 9 players (with maybe more to follow) and rumours are beginning to circulate that Kingstonian FC have gone or are about to go into Receivership. We're already struggling to raise a team for our trip to St Albans tomorrow. Bleak times indeed and explanations are already being sought from those at the top. This sort of disintegration doesn't happen overnight, things have obviously been going on behind the scenes and a return to Divison 1 isn't entirely out of the question even at this comparitively early stage of the season. OK, so maybe it might be a little bit too soon to hit the panic button right now, but my finger is poised to strike it in the next couple of months if things don't improve on the pitch (yes I know, losing to Brockenhurst is nothing to boast about!). I just hope that we can rise for the ashes of our current predicament. Now where's that bottle of Southern Comfort (hic). frown.gif" border="0

Well it's an interesting position because all of the players realeased seem to be under contract.<P>According to my sources none of the nine will be paid after this week, but those players remaining will be. <P>Now I'm not a legal expert, but as I understand it, that's not kosher. If Kingstonian want to cancel the player's contracts then surely they must pay them off not just sack them.<P>This may run for a while yet.

I'd have released all 11 players after your abject failure to achieve Mr Irony's prediction of 10-0 against us.<P>Joking aside, and even from our desperate league position, clubs going into receivership is always a bad and sad thing. It happened to us in 1980 and we've only just recovered, although sleeping for 10 years didn't exactly help.<P>Let's hope it doesn't come to that. However, feel free to set yourselves the challenge of somehow slipping below us in the table.