Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-October 17 )

• Photo
    mrs_yellow

• Photo
    johnboy28

• Photo
    BigDogCol

Photo

Some info please chaps and chapesses

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Cornish_Gull

Cornish_Gull
  • Trainee
David McGee has made it public that he is looking for a new club in Cornwall.

The problem is, that the South Western League is currently at Step 7 (Step 6 next season) and Western Div 1 is Step 6, with the exception of one club, Truro City who have a millionaire backer (a Cornish JK), all the other clubs are unable to offer anything like Conf money.

Can someone tell me what sort of figures were being paid at Conf level for players of McGees standard - it will give us an idea of how we pitch for him if Truro don't wave wads of notes at him.

Any info on McGee would also be of assistance.

Cheers.

The Judge

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
I would guess for a full time Conference player in the South of England between £1,000 to £1,500 per week would be average, although structure would vary with differing amounts of bonus and basic, and varying payments for season and close-season.

offline Gary Dover

Gary Dover
  • Reserves
Well he definitely wont be on conference wages now, he plays for wivenhow and theres no way they could get close to offering conf wages but wouldnt like to guess how much he is making or was making when he was with us.
sorry not to be much help mate.

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I would say he is probably bringing home £250 to £300 per weeks a Wivenhoe..

My guess is that last season he was probably on around £500 a week at Canvey..

That's my guess anyway..

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
Quote:
Yellow Bungle said:
I would guess for a full time Conference player in the South of England between £1,000 to £1,500 per week would be average, although structure would vary with differing amounts of bonus and basic, and varying payments for season and close-season.

i would think that is way off,i wouldn't of thought more than a grand for an average first team squad player,more like 5-600

offline Cornish_Gull

Cornish_Gull
  • Trainee
I would say he is probably bringing home £250 to £300 per weeks a Wivenhoe.. [color:"red"] [/color]

[color:"blue"] [/color] Those sort of figures definately put him in with the Truro 'Corporate' City structure. Our current budget is £500 for the whole team per game and even then we are struggling.

In fact Dave has just called me and we have had a nice chat. LEE BOYLAN will not be going to Chelmsford no matter what Kingy offers him.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
i would of thought someone at wivenhoe was on considerably less than that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus