Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Waltham Forest 0-0 Canvey Island

Matt H

From what I could see our supporters were banging the fencing to create a bit of noise. Most teams with a noisy support tend to do it.

From the looks of it everybody left after the game. A few stayed behind to take the flags down. Don't remember any sheeting being kicked in after the game but maybe I'm wrong.

Also the residents are not used to coachloads of supporters arriving at the ground in regard to the various vehicles blocking us getting out of the car park and the narrow street to the main road!!!

Quote:
Hawk_Boy said:
this is great news.I can't wait till hornchurch go down to waltham forest,we will terrorise the b*stards!!!

Have you not been down there before, when they were Leyton Pennant?

A couple of points - we love a good crowd, and hec, it does us good. Nothing against the noise levels either, its just when you get abusive we dont like it. As for the programmes - did you read it? Content in it will be second to none in this league. Ok the paper for the cover wasnt the best but for a 17 year old boy in full time education i dont think its a too bad effort - do you?

Quote:
ForestGump said:
A couple of points - we love a good crowd, and hec, it does us good. Nothing against the noise levels either, its just when you get abusive we dont like it. As for the programmes - did you read it? Content in it will be second to none in this league. Ok the paper for the cover wasnt the best but for a 17 year old boy in full time education i dont think its a too bad effort - do you?

Sorry mate, but you can't have it both ways. All atmosphere at football matches comes with abuse for opposition players and officials, whether it's meant or not. You'll have to get used to that. Or maybe not since there must have only been about thirty of you and not a peep was heard.

As for the program, it'll do. It's probably the worst away program I've seen this year. As far as looks and the content go, it was poor, but the money obviously isn't there to fund a decent program. If you come down to the Lane, you'll see what a decent program looks like and why we produce probably the best program in the league. Easily worth the same £1.50 I paid for yours.

Quote:
coupwotcoup said:
Yeah right...But hey, a big up to any prog editor..Done it myself in the past...Takes time and effort and not always appreciated...

Thanks a lot. It really can be backbreaking, especially this month when we've had 4 home games in a row in about 2 weeks! Even harder when you've got one poxy lazer printer at home and not some professional firm doing it.

Quote:
canveyboy18 said:
Quote:
ForestGump said:
And next time you come down, for the love of God buy some more programmes! I stayed up til 3 this morning printing 120 programmes for what i thought would be a big crowd. It was a big crowd. But between you you bought about 10 programmes!

the reason you didnt sell your programs is because no one in this world would want to pay £1-50 for that bit of [****!!****] i wouldnt even wipe my ass with it !!!! over priced bit of toilet paper!!

Bit of a blast from the past in two ways on Saturday:

1. The ability to be understood first time of asking by the remnants of original north Londoners (Ma and Pabird ex-north Londoners)
2. The pitch resembled the norm in pitches at this level some twenty or thirty years ago when you learned not to let the ball bounce.

who am I kidding I should have said thirty of forty years ago.

Quote:
pabird said:
Quote:
canveyboy18 said:
Quote:
ForestGump said:
And next time you come down, for the love of God buy some more programmes! I stayed up til 3 this morning printing 120 programmes for what i thought would be a big crowd. It was a big crowd. But between you you bought about 10 programmes!

the reason you didnt sell your programs is because no one in this world would want to pay £1-50 for that bit of [****!!****] i wouldnt even wipe my ass with it !!!! over priced bit of toilet paper!!

Bit of a blast from the past in two ways on Saturday:

1. The ability to be understood first time of asking by the remnants of original north Londoners (Ma and Pabird ex-north Londoners) 2. The pitch resembled the norm in pitches at this level some twenty or thirty years ago when you learned not to let the ball bounce.

who am I kidding I should have said thirty of forty years ago.

I live in North London, I have seen parks in better condition then the grass there.