Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harlow Town 0 Hornchurch 0

Urchins

Well we finally got a game after just over two weeks and the players seemed a bit rusty for a while. Harlow came the closest of either side to scoring when Harlow's Stuart Niven hit the crossbar after 7 minutes. That brought the crowd into life a little but the next best chance came near the end of the half when Danny Cowley crouched to head goalward only to be met by a good save from Gavin King.

We were stronger in the second half and with 20 minutes left Barry Fox managed to side-foot wide with the goal at his mercy. With 7 minutes to go there were strong appeals for a penalty as a Harlow defender slipped and appeared to handle in the area but these were ignored by the referee.

Line-up:- Wood, McGowan, Kimble, Jopson, Carter, Marsden, Locke, Cowley, Jones, Martin, Fox. Subs not used:- McDonald, Stowe, Benstock, Cripps, Wray (GK)

'bout right Robbie, thanks for that, personally I thought the game was there for the winning and we were too defensive...but...looking at the wider picture..have to accept that it was always going to be difficult, first game for nearly three weeks actually....anticlimatic after saturdays postponment (nobody's fault) and therefore probably a fair result. Nice people (one or two foul mouths excluded) and the game was played in a good spirit. No bookings, can you believe that...?...

How Foxy missed that chance is anyones guess. Suppose on reflection 0-0 is about the fairest result. Thought their no.4 was man of the match, although I thought Taffy was probably ours, based on an excellent first half. Hard to put your finger on it, but we didn't quite seem to click tonight. A few of our lads that have previously put in decent performances week in week, were below par tonight, but I suppose that comes from not playing a competitive game for 2 weeks. Well Lads, back to winning ways please on Saturday!!!

I felt we at least deserved a point. You had the clearest chance when your man put wide from 8 yards out with the keeper to beat, but we also had a chance when our player went through one on one and got stuck in the boggy pitch, and we also should have scored in the first half when our winger dallied on the ball in stead of having a shot.

As I said on your other board, both teams fully cancelled each other out, defence and attack. It was also a game that neither side could afford to lose, so any tactics certainly erred on the side of caution.

At the end of the day, we're happy as we got a point whilst still having a couple of influential players out suspended, and some of our movement in the 2nd half was better than what we've had to put up with recently.

We're off to Berko on Saturday. A win there and then a win over Northwood at home the following weekend could see us right back in the picture.

disagree 'arlowman, we could afford to lose it, you couldn't, no disrespect meant, an opinion based purely on league positions. Still believe that the game was there for the winning but we played to your game plan (a draw) and we should have played an attacking line up. Anyway, history now and two good games between the two sides. No complaints.

Have to disagree with the last post as to not attacking enough and being too cautious. Remember the old West Ham tag.... lovely attacking football ...won sod all!!! Remembe the old Keegan tag at newcastle.... lovely attacking football...won?? sod all!!!

As an avid Urchin follower I was well pleased with a point away from home against a not bad side. Would our previous caller been so happy with a defeat...but we attcked!!! Cuation my freind never won fair heart but it helps win titles. The rest of this season is going to be be ground out if the urchins are to stand a chance of promotion. I for one am happy to see my team get points on the board even if sometimes it aint pretty. Lets play samba soccer when promotion is safe. Well done lads keep it up lets grind the b******s down.

Well said mate. Who is this gung ho waller who wants us to attack attack attack. I bet one of his distant relatives was General Custer. attack attack attack ....whoops sorry Sitting Bull didn't see you there.

Well chuffed with what we got. Good job old Gung Ho aint in charge. He would had us attack attack attack and being back playing at the likes of Ware and Clapton next season.

well ,whilst we are all in anon mode, i'll take that on board,,, but....remember this- one -= without the paying fans you'v got sod all and they really don't care what happens in terms of ryman prem...conference carve up...they just want to have fun, do u want to win at all costs or do u want to enjoy yourselvs,, lifes very short, you aint west ham or newcastle are you-

two---yes, fans are fickle, but they aint runnin the club are they, the new people are and marsdens managing it, are they doin it for themselves or are thery doin it for fans, u aint playing good attacking football which is what everyone want to see and expects,, if the first one is the truth - you aint going to keep the new fans are you, ten draws from 24 games tells you want you need to kmow,,u aint going to get promoted on that form, anyway, fair enough, weve all got our own opinions but!!!!alrighite i will keep out of it but you lot aint going to get promoted on current form,, how many goals have you scored in the lasy six weeks????

ha ha ha..,.where on earth did that one come from, sitting bull and custer,'ere dunt make me larf to much,,,,,,its 'urtin me...ha ha ha....oh dear me....'ere....you must be a player or one of the managers to fink o' that one....general custer....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....nice one..

I can see that my sensible intervention is once again reuquired here, I dont know, leave you alone for a few days and you all fall out with each other. Ithink that the sitting ball comments were a bit harsh, (funny tho) the previous post was only responding to 'arlowman and saying what he thought had happened in the game, i dont think he was knocking the team at all, just making an observation. I didnt get to the game but the report in todays recorder is actually confirming that those observations may have been right.

Personally, i think we have had to many draws but i also think the team are beginning to play well and have got used to each other, the draws are better than losses thats for sure. Personal;ly i think that mick marsden is a cautious manager anyway but theres nought wrong with that. 15 games without losing tells its own story, were moving along nicely. Keep calm, ill be there on saturday with the riverside faithful as alway.

'ere...wassallthisthen...i knows that shittin' bull pub dunni....all me pikie mukkas 'as all theys weddins' daaan there dunthey...ha ha ha .....its in basildon innnit...rite [****!!****]'ole that is an'all....'ere....'hoos this custard gessa then....is 'e a new signin' or wot....'ope 'e aint wanna these albanian gypos wees all bin 'earin' abbaaat...duntwantnonnavem 'ere now do wees...bad'nuff wiv the welsh gypo not scorin' goals.....ha ha ha ha.....'ere.......'ow bigs the new car park gunna be at the ol' stadium then......mite 'ave to park up there next year....no one else wonts us.........ha ha ha....'ere...wees all gunna win tummorra aint wees....great uncle urchin sais so.....ha ha ha ha.....