Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Northwich game can't go ahead on Saturday 1st

Merv

Quote:
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Northwich/Witton groundshare agreement, I believe this is a disgusting way for the Ryman League to treat the club that has done more than most to raise the profile of this league over the past couple of seasons.

Not that I'm suggesting that the league haven't done anything wrong (neither am I going to say that they have. I don't know the details), but are you suggesting that you deserve better treatment from the league than - say - Chalfont St. Peter, who haven't have the cup success you have?

Quote:
Where was the help we wanted from Ryman when we had that ridiculous fixture pile-up two years ago? Where was the support from Ryman when Yeovil gave us the run-around last year?

You can't claim you were treated any better or worse than any other club that season. Yes, you had more at stake, yes, you were extremely unlucky with postponments away from home, and yes you had more to play for, but had the league done anything that they didn't do to help any club, especially yourselves given what was at stake, they'd have been on very shakey legal ground over changing their own rules.

RPL Fri 13th H Billericay Town 2 - 1 W 1190 Report

RPL Mon 16th A Gravesend & Northfleet 2 - 1 W 662 Report

RPL Wed 18th H Maidenhead United 1 - 0 W - Report

RPL Thur 19th A Slough Town 1 - 0 W 333 Report

RPL Sat 21st H Aldershot Town 1 - 1 D 861 Report

ESC -F Mon 23rd N Dagenham & Redbridge To be played pre-season

RPL Tue 24th

A Hitchin Town 4 - 1 L 301 Report

RPL Wed 25th A Hampton & Richmond 1 a 0 abandoned Details

RPL Thur 26th A Enfield OFF - waterlogged pitch

RPL Fri 27th A Enfield 0 - 3 L 119 Report

RPL Sat 28th A Croydon 2 - 1 L 118 Report

RPL Sun 29th A Basingstoke Town 0 - 0 D 501 Report

May

RPL Tue 1st A Farnborough Town 2 - 1 W 1124 Report

RPL Wed 2nd A Hampton & Richmond 2 - 2 D 166 Report

RPL Thur 3rd H Carshalton Athletic 3 - 2 W 282 Report

RPL Fri 4th H Croydon 5 - 0 W 340 Report

RPL Sat 5th H Hitchin Town 2 - 2 D 491

here is our fixture list for that season.. ok its not too clear but the main part is the dates...! i think you can see why the club asked for a bit of help.. sure you cant help the weather.. all the games postponed just before this period were away games, ok rules are rules but there is such a thing as exceptional circumstances..

[This graphic might help - Frenchy]

fixt_cong.gif

concerning the trophy game why cant we play it the following saturday.. we had to play on a tuesday at yeovil last season mainly because of pitch problems i believe.. dosent not haveing a pitch constitute a pitch problem? couldnt the ryman help the club in persuading the F.A. to move it back a week?

a lot of people have mentioned sunday as a viable alternative but in this weather the pitch could be in a sorry state after a game on it on the saturday, i feel sorry for the teams playing on it after northwhich and ourselves have chopped it up

Quote:
here is our fixture list for that season.. ok its not too clear but the main part is the dates...! i think you can see why the club asked for a bit of help.. sure you cant help the weather.. all the games postponed just before this period were away games, ok rules are rules but there is such a thing as exceptional circumstances.

I'm not arguing woth the fact that you had a serious pile up. You certainly did, as did we - www.hendonfc.net/fixres/20002001.shtml we were officially expected to play three games on Saturday 5th May, and I did note that all your postponments were away ones (whether I mentioned it or not I dunno). Nor am I suprised the club asked for help. The point I was trying to make, was quite why should Canvey should be a special case over both that and this as Merv seemes to appear to believe. Yes, I know you were heavily involved with the cups, but as I said before, had the league done anything about it, the lawyers could potentially have ended up flying around. Surely you couldn't expect the league to do anything after the EGM where something like 90% (not sure of the figure) of clubs voted against a season extention.

The only other thing I'd like to ask is whether quite such a fuss would have been made if you'd drawn Wealdstone in the Trophy and Edgware as landlords took the Saturday 3.00 kick off, or maybe Chelmsford/Billericay? And that's a genuine question, not me trying to stir.

Both yourself and Canv could slug it out with facts and figures all day but that does ignore the issue of supporters

Both players and club have been dealt major problems by blazers and that will continue when the blazers are so obviously a self serving group of not so skilled people

But for supporters to be asked to travel 200 plus miles each way on a Friday evening is a gross insult, a major outlay and locates them long down the list of priorities that determines the final decision