Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 25-September 17 )

• Photo
    Mr Gently Benevolent

• Photo
    Bella

• Photo
    aaronangel

• Photo
    neutral fan

• Photo
    Baldryck

• Photo
    jessie james

• Photo
    hatter69_DTFC

• Photo
    NOX

Paul Woodward in Innocent

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
33 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
If you have seen the front of the Mercury this week you will have noticed Paul Woodward former Enfield Supporters Football Team player has been sent to Prison for seven and a half year for Rape and Attempting to choke, strangle and suffocate a woman with intent.

This happened in December and this week his parents are asking for help looking for new information as they beleive Paul in Innocent and so do may others.

Having known Paul for over 25 years I do not beleive he is capable of this, The guilty person is out there somewhere and could be Living next door to you.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
still Innocent
month 3

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
supporting Paul

offline Freebird

Freebird
it would seem ETFC dont want this message on there site as it has been deleted.

What a pity seeing as so many looked at it and some have even commented personally to me that it has been mentioned around the club at Brimsdown and there was support for Paul.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Month 4 - The fight for freedom continues

offline The horses arse

The horses arse
  • Reserves
I know his brother Darren very well and wish you all the best of luck in this fight!!

offline Robert G

Robert G
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Darren plays for the pool team I play on and have said this to him a few times. Fight the good fight, never give up on anything and you will come out winning. Keep at them!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Does anybody [censored] care, ever?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Guilty as charged. Let him rot in his cell.

offline The horses arse

The horses arse
  • Reserves
Drop dead you WAN*ER!!! you know its people like you who I would love to meet and kick sh*t out of.
You know, if you new the FULL story then you wouldnt be saying that.

Derek if ever there is a case of makeing this forum members only I think this should sway it!!!

offline Robert G

Robert G
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Quote:

One word, Coward. Why? you spill the crap but dont back it up with a name, why? coz you ant got any brass you knob

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Being found guilty by a jury is good enough for me. After all, the evidence was heard and if he WAS going to prove himself innocent, that would be the time and the place to do it, don't you think?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Oh yeah, RAPE and ATTEMPTED MURDER is cowardly, so let's not have you calling ME yellow.

offline Robert G

Robert G
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Whatever, from what has been said at court and everything else, everyone thought he would get off, none of his dna at the seen, none on her and the time it happened he was on his way home!!!! but oh yer this is the English justice system isnt it!!!! Fred baras killed someone while protecting his home and what did he get??? JAIL!!!!

That all I'm going to put on here end of story!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
SOURCE: http://news.bbc.co.u...and/2593529.stm

A rapist whose victim pleaded for mercy as a he tried to throttle her during the attack has been jailed.
Paul Woodward, 35, of Greenwood Avenue, Cheshunt, was convicted of the rape and strangulation of a 22-year-old woman.

Woodward attacked the woman in June in woodland close to Waltham Cross Country Club in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire.

The jury at St Albans Crown Court heard the victim had become separated from friends on a night out at at the country club when Woodward attacked her.

>>>>Stuart Trimmer, prosecuting, said handmarks on her neck were analysed and a DNA profile was obtained which matched the defendant.<<<<

Woodward was jailed for seven-and-a-half years.

offline Freebird

Freebird
>>>>Stuart Trimmer, prosecuting, said handmarks on her neck were analysed and a DNA profile was obtained which matched the defendant.<<<<

Paul never denied touching her and his DNa would have been on her neck,

Just a small point maybe but i would like to pose it.

if DNA was on her neck why was it not everywhere else, she said she was raped, she should have been cvered in his DNA.

-----------------------------------------------------------
KEEP UP THE FIGHT - FREEDON FOR WOODY

• Ricky justice likes this

offline Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
Freebird

If you want support that is the sort of thing you should be highlighting.

"Woody is Innocent" on its own won't get you any new supporters. On the other haned a detailed breakdown of the prosecution case pointing out the weaknesses will. Is there a website set up with this info (because this forum is not the right place for a lengthy debate)?

If not, then perhaps there should be.

Having known Paul in the past (but at least 10 years ago) I was shocked to see his name in this context but I have not seen enough about the case to allow me to form a view either way on the outcome. My (brief) searches have not thrown up much more than the BBC report in the earlier link.

offline Freebird

Freebird
Hi Tom

I agree with you maybe this is not the place but for the time being its the only place I know that will find support as I am not the only one who is giving the facts so its not just my one sided view.

From others that have posted it would appear I am not the only on who thinks something is wrong and unjust

I will look into somewhere else, but here is the place
Paul is known and the place that keeps him in everyone's thoughts

offline Freebird

Freebird
A rapist whose victim pleaded for mercy as a he tried to throttle her during the attack has been jailed.
Paul Woodward, 35, of Greenwood Avenue, Cheshunt, was convicted of the rape and strangulation of a 22-year-old woman.

Woodward attacked the woman in June in woodland close to Waltham Cross Country Club in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire.

The jury at St Albans Crown Court heard the victim had become separated from friends on a night out at at the country club when Woodward attacked her.

Stuart Trimmer, prosecuting, said handmarks on her neck were analysed and a DNA profile was obtained which matched the defendant.

Woodward was jailed for seven-and-a-half years.

and thats the story so far

From my understanding Paul helped the Girl and she pushed him away, he pushed her back and so his DNA got onto her neck.

Paul was wearing different clothes on that night to the ones discribed by the girl to the police.

Paul was seen on CCTV at the garage in College Road, Cheshunt. soon after the time of the attack. BUT the girl said her attacked headed of in the direction of Goffs Oak up the bye pass

From a friend I understand the police interviewed everyone who attended the event at the Country Club that night.

So how did they miss out Paul ?

I understand it was him who went to the police after seeing an artical in the paper about it some months later.

So if Paul was not on the list of people interviewed having been at the party, and if Paul had not done the good thing and responded to what he had seen in the paper. Would the police have ever found him.

And just a small point if they missed out Paul how many others did they miss out, the attacked maybe ?

and finall in this 5th month.

In this age of DNA, If someone got that close to you to do what is accused, would there DNA not be all over you. not just on your neck.

offline Malfoy

Malfoy
  • Trainee
Quote:

I wouldn't judge someone until I knew the full story if I was you you knob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus