Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

Another New Grays Manager

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
61 replies to this topic

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Not like Hill is short of a few bob.

offline Grays_Ath

Grays_Ath
  • Onlooker
MW appoints Garry Hill director of football, he comes in with his old assistant manager from Weymouth, sits players down has a chat and his assistant takes a training session.

Justin as you can imagine is upset and resigns there and then, So MW panics and tells Garry it wont work and he will have to go.

Players start phoning Stimmo and wanna leave (see Stimmo last night) because they think Garry Hill is taking over.

Justin comes back, Hill leaves but Justin is still not happy

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
nice and stable then

offline Wivenhoe Urchin

Wivenhoe Urchin
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Hornchurch, Chelsea
  • Foes: Dagenham & Redbridge, Aveley, Romford
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Darts, Pool, Formula One
They don't know what they're doing!

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Grays_Ath
MW appoints Garry Hill director of football, he comes in with his old assistant manager from Weymouth, sits players down has a chat and his assistant takes a training session.

Justin as you can imagine is upset and resigns there and then, So MW panics and tells Garry it wont work and he will have to go.

Players start phoning Stimmo and wanna leave (see Stimmo last night) because they think Garry Hill is taking over.

Justin comes back, Hill leaves but Justin is still not happy

If that is true i think you would have been better off to let Edinburgh walk and kept Hill.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
Not if players want to leave because of it, surely.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Players come and go all the time and should not dictate who should manage the club. As i said earlier in this thread i don`t see Edinburgh doing well at Grays so they would have better off to appoint Hill (one of the best in the Conference)while he was available.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
Other rumours I've heard was Woodward saw the backlash from Grays' fans on their forum and decided it would be best not to appoint Hill.

The Grays'fans were singing anti Hill songs last night against Hx.

I sense the tide is turning against Woodward and many of their fans have had enough of him and want him to go.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: YELLOW

I sense the tide is turning against Woodward and many of their fans have had enough of him and want him to go.

If he goes it will be the end of Grays Athletic without a doubt.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Definitely but things are not good there. They've become too ambitious for their own good. Because Frank Gray wasn't delivering the goods in terms of Grays being in a play off place they got rid of him and replaced him with someone else.

Now Gray may not have got Grays promoted but he certainly wouldn't have got them relegated and at the moment that could very much happen if they don't sort themselves out.

I think Woodward might regret sacking Gray too early. Should have at least given him to the end of the season and changed things then if they still wern't working.

offline thomarocky

thomarocky
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
What a joke Grays have become, this Mick Westwood sounds like a right one doesnt he, Lord knows whats going on there, the fans and players must wonder whats going to happen next !

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
It really is a soap opera over at Grays, after Ashley Sestanovich being locked up for his part in a robbery where a security guard was killed they have now signed Gavin Grant on loan from Millwall who is on bail on a murder charge

If it was a storyline in Dream Team you wouldn`t believe it.

offline Grays_Ath

Grays_Ath
  • Onlooker
None of us disagree with any of what you are saying, well apart from "you should have kept Hill"

Not sure if you have a history with Justin but from early glances he seems a good enough, likeable bloke who should be given the job long term to creat a team based on his vision.

Success and Failure is relative if you club is an unhappy one which it is at the moment, many long term fans have had their hands burnt by the club, some of which have been the back bone of the club for years.

We have had a rivalry between the two sides but the way you have handled the last year is a credit to you and your club, a model of which we may have to follow ourselves.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
No real history with Edinburgh but he didn't do a great deal when in charge at Billericay.

offline Grays_Ath

Grays_Ath
  • Onlooker
Thats true I suppose but I dont know, as a fan his appointment just feels right for some reason.

Time will tell, if he will fail or succeed on his own or if he fails because of Mad Micks medling

offline South Mouth

South Mouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Oh well! Never mind. Just desserts in my opinion for all the boasting by the idiots over the last couple of years.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
I wonder if Edinburgh cleared his desk before he traveled to Lewes today? Grays lost their F.A. Cup replay 2-0 tonight and my bet is that`s the end of his days as the Grays manager.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Damn. I know I should have put that bet on Lewes!!!

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Its seems the Grays supporters what's left of them think Mr Woodward could pull his money soon..

Grays crowds are in mass decline, they have sold there ground and have to be out at the end of the season..

Apparently lots of behind the season politics are rotting the club to the core!

Could Grays be another us? Only time will tell..

offline Kaiser Jnr

Kaiser Jnr
  • Long Service Award
Grays for the ESL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus