Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another New Grays Manager

South Mouth

Not like Hill is short of a few bob.

MW appoints Garry Hill director of football, he comes in with his old assistant manager from Weymouth, sits players down has a chat and his assistant takes a training session.

Justin as you can imagine is upset and resigns there and then, So MW panics and tells Garry it wont work and he will have to go.

Players start phoning Stimmo and wanna leave (see Stimmo last night) because they think Garry Hill is taking over.

Justin comes back, Hill leaves but Justin is still not happy

Originally Posted By: Grays_Ath
MW appoints Garry Hill director of football, he comes in with his old assistant manager from Weymouth, sits players down has a chat and his assistant takes a training session.

Justin as you can imagine is upset and resigns there and then, So MW panics and tells Garry it wont work and he will have to go.

Players start phoning Stimmo and wanna leave (see Stimmo last night) because they think Garry Hill is taking over.

Justin comes back, Hill leaves but Justin is still not happy

If that is true i think you would have been better off to let Edinburgh walk and kept Hill.

Players come and go all the time and should not dictate who should manage the club. As i said earlier in this thread i don`t see Edinburgh doing well at Grays so they would have better off to appoint Hill (one of the best in the Conference)while he was available.

Other rumours I've heard was Woodward saw the backlash from Grays' fans on their forum and decided it would be best not to appoint Hill.

The Grays'fans were singing anti Hill songs last night against Hx.

I sense the tide is turning against Woodward and many of their fans have had enough of him and want him to go.

Definitely but things are not good there. They've become too ambitious for their own good. Because Frank Gray wasn't delivering the goods in terms of Grays being in a play off place they got rid of him and replaced him with someone else.

Now Gray may not have got Grays promoted but he certainly wouldn't have got them relegated and at the moment that could very much happen if they don't sort themselves out.

I think Woodward might regret sacking Gray too early. Should have at least given him to the end of the season and changed things then if they still wern't working.

None of us disagree with any of what you are saying, well apart from "you should have kept Hill"

Not sure if you have a history with Justin but from early glances he seems a good enough, likeable bloke who should be given the job long term to creat a team based on his vision.

Success and Failure is relative if you club is an unhappy one which it is at the moment, many long term fans have had their hands burnt by the club, some of which have been the back bone of the club for years.

We have had a rivalry between the two sides but the way you have handled the last year is a credit to you and your club, a model of which we may have to follow ourselves.

No real history with Edinburgh but he didn't do a great deal when in charge at Billericay.

• 8 months later...

Damn. I know I should have put that bet on Lewes!!!

Its seems the Grays supporters what's left of them think Mr Woodward could pull his money soon..

Grays crowds are in mass decline, they have sold there ground and have to be out at the end of the season..

Apparently lots of behind the season politics are rotting the club to the core!

Could Grays be another us? Only time will tell..