Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harlow Town

A Non E Mouse

It certainly didn't feel like a game between 2nd and 3rd placed teams - couldn't find a great deal to get excited about this afternoon. sleep

Both sides seemed to nulify each other with no real end product. Our wide players never really whipped the ball into the danger area today and the closest we came was from a cracking long range effort. Felt Corbell was particularly quiet today and Ian Luck was generally being drawn outside the danger area. Hope Nicky Rugg wasn't subbed today because of injury?

IMHO Harlow were better at passing the ball around, were more accurate than us this afternoon and had that hunger to win the second ball. We hardly troubled their keeper all afternoon. However, they didn't exactly set the world alight either and I always felt that our back four easily dealt with everything thrown at them. Felt Johnny Stuart did have a very good battling game this afternoon and wouldn't necessarily disagree with his MOTM award.

I was a touch diappointed in the crowd today - nice afternoon, top match, nothing else really happening and thought we may have realistically got near the 450 mark.

I don't normally moan about the officials and certainly don't like to blame them for a "result" - but felt they were particualrly crap this afternoon especially the 3 foot tall linesman mad who gave some very dubious decisions. Harlow appeared to be more physical than us - especially the digs in the back but hardly anything was picked up - although he seemed to give away a few yellow cards for less serious offences crazy.

A lot of results seemed to go our way today with AFC Sudbury being an exception to the rule and they also have a few games in hand. The whole top half of the table is becoming very tight and the game at Ilford is becoming a very critical "must win".

The game was there to be won by either side but strikes on goal were a rariety. I think both clubs would have settled for a point before the game but afterwards i`m sure both clubs would have felt they could have picked up all 3 and really boosted their promotion hopes.

A typical clash from two teams at the top end of the table. Felt both sides had the priority of not losing, consequently not a lot of goalmouth action. Still a point is better than nothing!

Rugg looked to me like he had picked up a knock, hopefully its just minor, and he will be fit for Ilford.

Think it could have been a groin problem with Ruggy. Not a great game to get off my sick bed for but would have settled for a point before the match.

Shame we couldn't have tested their keeper a bit more.

Originally Posted By: Sharpe
Rugg looked to me like he had picked up a knock, hopefully its just minor, and he will be fit for Ilford.

Yes we need Rugg back but i think we will be too strong for Ilford anyway so maybe we could afford to give him a rest next week and get him fully fit.

Ilford were hammered 5-0 by Witham yesterday.

Originally Posted By: A Non E Mouse
Originally Posted By: ronin
i think we will be too strong for Ilford

I'm sure your right Ronin but if we don't get a result next Saturday I'll be cutting and pasting that quote again whistle grin - confidence can be a great thing but I still have recurring nightmares about Tilbury who we should have been to strong for (twice)! bigcry

Sure it could come back and haunt me but i feel confident it won`t eek

I was interested to note on the Harlow forum that they're one of the very few teams I ever recall describing Canvey as a physical side.

The games itself came down to a battle of the defences. The first to buckle would determine the loser. Thankfully, our back four were solid, resiliant and worked well as a unit. The same can be said for Harlow's back line while neither strike force could grind away and find an eventual opening, most of the games chances coming as pot-shots from the edge of the area.

Totally agree with Jon Stuart getting MoM, he bossed the left side and even in the most gut-wrenching moments seemed to make the precise tackle to clear the danger or break down the attack.

Also thought Lee Jay's first half performance yesterday was the best I've seen him play all season, however agree that Corbell didn't have the best of games coming straight back from injury and I was quite disappointed with Ryan Edgar, although he was often closed down extremely quickly and disposesed too often. Thankfully he had Clydie sitting behind him to clear up any loose balls so we didn't lose too much momentum.

I think Ruggy has earned his rest after taking that knock and given a couple of games Ian Luck will prove his worth, partnering Curran up front.

Anyone know where Matt Reade was yesterday? I was surprised not to see him on the bench considering Leon and himself would've been our only attacking options rather than having three defenders.

Our unbeaten League run continues to six games now. Ilford will be seven and seeing as Witham put five past them this weekend, they could easily be there for the taking this Saturday!

One final note, it was good to see David Lee returning to Park Lane and confident about playing after his last visit. He was one of Harlow's standout players and showed no signs of any long-term damage, both mentally and physically.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
One final note, it was good to see David Lee returning to Park Lane and confident about playing after his last visit. He was one of Harlow's standout players and showed no signs of any long-term damage, both mentally and physically.

Yes it was good to see him back playing and playing well, i wouldn`t be suprised to see him move from Harlow to a Ryman Premier/Conf South team before long.

Originally Posted By: ronin

Yes it was good to see him back playing and playing well, i wouldn`t be suprised to see him move from Harlow to a Ryman Premier/Conf South team before long.

he is only there on loan to gain fitness from games

Anyone know where Matt Reade was yesterday? I was surprised not to see him on the bench considering Leon and himself would've been our only attacking options rather than having three defenders.

Both Ready and Chris Bourne were out with the flu.

Was a bit dissapointed with Lee Jay on Saturday. Got into some good positions at times but his final ball was often lacking. I'm sure that will improve in time and he did do some good things.

Thought Ryan had quite a strong second half and his surging runs caused the opposition a few problems.

A mention also to Dobbo who had a great game at the back and looked very composed throughout.

Agree about David Lee also. Looked quality and glad to see he has recovered fully from his injury.

At last i have my laptop back from repair. 10 DAYS it was away mad

Anyway, not a very exciting game on Saturday, about what i expected really.

Both defences looked fairly solid, Jon Stuart had another great game. Have to say, Kevin Dobinson looks class at the back.

Obviously looking forward to this Saturday now, even though it means a mad dash straight from work!