Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Towners 0 -1 Maldon

Mr Happy

John, Jones, Magona, Tickner, Gant, Stephens, Velandia, Hall, Carroll, Hammatt, Nyman, Hunt, Negus, Campbell, Harris.

We lost today and we deserved to lose fair and square. We were poor and our performance flattered Maldon

We started ok with Andy Jones getting a shot on target. Dean Nyman had a shot saved. Carl Griffiths taken off clearly not fit enough to compete. Town looked shakey at the back and Adam Gant made a crucial clean tackle back. One Town fan comment this is a pantomime to which the rest of us replied – Oh no it isn’t! Rudi Hall had a free kick saved. Witham had a shot saved. JJ saved well. ETFC had survived and were fortunate to go in 0 – 0 at half time.

Dave Hunt on for Robbie Carroll. A Dave Hunt header was saved. Finally Ollie Blackwell scored for Maldon a lovely goal the sort that used to beat our old friend Chopper who we see next Tuesday. I digress. Rudi Hall fouled and his Free kick is blocked. Paul Campbell and Matty Negus on for Adam Gant and Steve Velandia. It was impressive to see Jack Absolam throwing in with one hand. Towns best shot came from Rudi Hall hitting the post. We didn't deserve a win today and so it was Maldon's day.

Town ( enfield ) were embarrasing.

Lack of commitment.

Lack of passion.

Lack of leadership on and off the pitch.

Basically, a lack of any bloody ideas.

It was hard to understand or even accept the difference between Tuesday v E's and this performance.

Certainly not one to bring the missing supporters back !!

Next few games will be very difficult if this is the level of commitment the Players are prepared to give.

I was lead to believe that we had a BIG squad of players this season !

If so, why do we only have keeper plus 3 ( 2 of which are injured ) on the bench ?

Where is Allen ?

Where is Braithwaite ?

Where is Watson ?

Where is Patrick ?

Where is Richie ?

And what a joke the "loan" from Col U is - not available again ?

Sort it out for christ sake !

Any chance of some "passion" from the management team "hidding" in the dug-out ?

Bye the way Coup - Ref was usual.

At 4.45 I was still waiting for us to start playing!

Some good approach play in the first fifteen minutes or so but woeful finishing, after that it was all downhill.

Poor old Steve Valandia put at right wing back??? yes I know we had injury's but come on, the guy does have a cultured right foot & is great in the middle of the park, but with his lack of pace Maldon's natural left winger & left back were having a field day.

Why didnt we have a back four with Gant on the right Tickner & Carroll in the middle & Magona on the left, leaving Valandia in the middle with Rudi & put Hunt up front? It took over half an hour before we eventually switched it round.

The second half was just awful, disjointed, disorganised & as others have said passionless.

Redbridge on Tuesday who have a keeper that will be giving 110% so we will really need to raise our game in order to get a result.

I also see from the website report that evidently abuse was allegedley hurled at a certain player/s, well I never heard anything from behind the goal that was untoward, a couple of us did make our way to the other side of the tunnel before the whistle & didnt hear anything there either, but what I was able to hear was the embarrasing ranting at the referee & lino from the sidelines throughout the whole game!!!

I know I'm miles away and don't know what's going on, but this sems a bit odd to me. Midweek we had a named sub not actually on the bench, I understand. Yesterday we did not have a full bench.

Yet, as has been said, we have a big squad - and for the first time this season we have a reserve team. The reserves have hardly played due to pitch problems, so I'd expect them to be clamouring for places on the first team bench. If th ereports I read are anywhere near accurate, I'd expect them to be clamouring for first team places! I'd also expect the first team regulars to be looking over their shoulders and striving to keep their places - competition for places, and all that.

Err, isn't that the general idea of it all?

Originally Posted By: abbeynut
We lost today and we deserved to lose fair and square.

I can't believe I just read that...........

and for good measure....well said.....

but what I was able to hear was the embarrasing ranting at the referee & lino from the sidelines throughout the whole game!!!

Firstly all the ranting at the ref was not me although I do beleive I did comment on at least one offside in both halves of the match. There wasn't that much to get excited about. Town fans will see decisions through town eyes that is just the way we are and I'm sure it is no different for Abbey supporters unless you know different?

Invis Man,

The reports are true.

Sure, every team has an off day and supporters get frustrated, but the difference in general attitude and passion by the players between Tuesday v E's and yesterday beggers belief.

As for the BIG squad, I just cannot understand what is going on.

We have players on the pitch who do not appear to be bothered and certainly don't appear to be "hurt" by defeat, we have a bench short of players ( not for the first time this season )and those on the bench are already nursing injuries !

So, whwre is the BIG squad ?

It just does not exist.

Where are the Youth and Res Players ?

If Ricci is out for a few weeks with this injury ( I heard he had either done his knee OR cracked a rib, which are a bit different ! ) where o where will the goals come from ?

As Gazza notes in his post, the positions of some players was just crazy with some completely out of position and depth.

There was an article in the programme telling us how good JC is and how many cups he has won......well now is the time to test his Management skills.

Agaist Maldon, he failed BIG time and just sat in the dug-out rather than show passion and leadership which was then represented by his team on the pitch.

Town have been very successfull since they started, but supporters ( rightly or wrongly ) expect that level of success each season.

If the Maldon game is the level the Players feel is acceptable, then there won't be many watching in a few weeks time.

The problem with our bench is that at best they sit and hide in the dugout and at worse they are screaming abuse at our players and the officials. Remeber Darren George of Bowers. he was always out of the dugout shouting encouragement. I have heard about another manager (I think at billericay but maybe wrong) who is always encouraging his players and when they [****!!****] up he makes them try again and again. Roy Austin used to encourage the lads from the bench (although Fiona is far better looking). Management is about motivation, encouragement and this has been missing recently. you've done it before Jim, you can do it again.

Originally Posted By: abbeynut
We lost today and we deserved to lose fair and square.

I can't believe I just read that...........

and for good measure....well said.....

but what I was able to hear was the embarrasing ranting at the referee & lino from the sidelines throughout the whole game!!!

alk

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
....Firstly all the ranting at the ref was not me although I do beleive I did comment on at least one offside in both halves of the match.....

RnR It was not you I was refering too, we all have the odd frustrating yell at the ref/lino, but the regular abuse hurled from around the 18 yard line every match is embarrasing!

I note it appears no one else appears to have heard any abuse directed at any player/s.

So what's all that about on the website then?