Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Towners 0 -1 Maldon

Mr Happy

I don't know about you Gazza but I would love to know what was actually said. We have got apologies and phone calls and god knows what else going on. What next letters in the paper apologising to the player concerned.

Isn't football a wonderful game that people can get so passionate.

Gives me something to write about in the Gazette this week but I might just stick to how rubbish we were on Saturday. But then again!!!!

Well March is going to be a big month for ETFC, away games at Bury, Sudbury & Wivenhoe wont be easy points to pick up, so lets hope all have kissed, made up, apologies made & accepted, cards sent & flowers recieved by Saturday as 3 points against Aveley are a must.

Dont you just love non league football!!!

Originally Posted By: The Horse'sMouth
I don't know about you Gazza but I would love to know what was actually said. We have got apologies and phone calls and god knows what else going on. What next letters in the paper apologising to the player concerned.

Isn't football a wonderful game that people can get so passionate.

Gives me something to write about in the Gazette this week but I might just stick to how rubbish we were on Saturday. But then again!!!!

THM if it helps, I suggest you write an article around 5 basic questions to supporters:

i) whether it is acceptable for ETFC members to make comments that are offensive/upsetting to other members
ii) whether paying an admission charge means you are free to say whatever you like at a match
iii) whether individuals can act as judge & jury over whether their comments cause offence to others
iv) whether it is appropriate for members to adopt differing standards in relation to how they treat others and wish to be treated themselves
v) whether its appropriate for individuals to make comments (or incite others to make comments) that they would not be willing to make to the recipient's face.

And, ask them to justify a 'yes' to any of them.

My article is already written. I will not print its content here..buy the Gazette. I will say that personally I feel football is a passionate game. We all have opinions. I also feel that people have the right to say what they want its called Freedom of Speech. But what i will say is that whatever people may say about Bryan and I am one of his biggest critics you cannot let those criticism stray so that they are just plain abuse. He is a ETFC player after all and he doesn't pick the team.

SoB. (i) depends what you consider offensive. (ii) within reason (iii) see answer to (i) (iv) people have different standards (v)I never say anything that i wouldnt be willing to say to someones face. I even called Curtis Warmington gay once and he heard me.

It seems that the club is imploding right now. This has been coming for a while and will do us no good in the lead up to a possible play off place. It is clear that, while personal abuse is not acceptable, there is a MAJOR selection problem which has been with us for a while. I personally have been to fewer games this season that any of the last 5. The reason for this is I want to see a team formed of the best players available. This is clearly not happening.

It is interesting to note some references on here to abuse towards referees! I have been present at games where the abuse towards the officials has been unacceptable. This abuse often occurs when the decisions go against ETFC and not because they are wrong. Funny world. Funny game.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
.......THM if it helps, I suggest you write an article around 5 basic questions to supporters:

i) whether it is acceptable for ETFC members to make comments that are offensive/upsetting to other members
ii) whether paying an admission charge means you are free to say whatever you like at a match
iii) whether individuals can act as judge & jury over whether their comments cause offence to others
iv) whether it is appropriate for members to adopt differing standards in relation to how they treat others and wish to be treated themselves
v) whether its appropriate for individuals to make comments (or incite others to make comments) that they would not be willing to make to the recipient's face.

And, ask them to justify a 'yes' to any of them.

I think we have our very own Zody!!!

Zzzzzzzzz bored now!

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I.......

Victimising, harassing or bullying are not adult ways to behave, moreso when its by a small group of ETFC Members on others.

Southport's post paints him as a hypocrite. ...

Is that why you threatened a fellow supporter on Saturday?

And yes I have more than one witness to you threatening a young lad who you happened to disagree with (seems to be quite a few people who don’t see the world that way you do) disagreed with. Is this really the way for an official of the club to behave?

Now who is the hypocrite here?

I stand by all I said, Brain is poor at the moment, and if his dad wasn't the coach he would have been dropped ages ago, HOW is that abusive compared to Peter's tirade of abuse on a Saturday at his own players

I am afraid Mark you just like for an argument, but your bullying tactics won't work this time.... move on or move off

boxing