Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boylan

ronin

I think we got to see the best of Lee Boylan as he played for us in a time when he should of been playing league football something i dont think he could do now.

Originally Posted By: Muppetus_G
I would also welcome back Lee with open arms. In my eyes, he will always be a part of the all-time greatest Canvey XI. Did his Crohn's disease also prevent him from playing with the England XI? I always wondered how he was overlooked.

Boylan did play for England

http://www.thefa.com/England/NationalGam...lemate_inUS.htm

• 2 months later...

Wonder if Wayno had a quiet word with him!!!

Oh not at all. Great signing though and I'm sure Lee will settle in very quickly at Cambridge.

Well done Wayno! Great bit of manipulation there! lol!

But seriously, i think its a great signing and it will be better for him at Cambridge than it was at Chelmsford or Grays! Urgh to both of them!

It never sat well with me that he went to Grays and i hope this turns out to be the move that sets him off again in the goalscoring charts! I will be routing for Cambridge next year!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Just read your responses above and can report that Lee should be fully fit for our game this weekend against York.

I was at a party on Saturday evening with both Lee and Pottsy and that same old Canvey dressing room banter was in the air with calls of(tart,woos, anything for a headline in the NLP)etc etc.

Lee is looking as sharp as ever and if current form continues will be a massive success at Cambridge after his unsuccesful time at Grays. With Jimmy Quinn at the helm he has a good teacher!

Pottsy looking excellent too and will be a big favourite with the Cambridge folk.

Sorry Paula, the only way he will come back to Park Lane is if you have a good cup run and we all (begrudgingly have to come back home) LOL. How do i do those smilie things now?

Wayno