Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 1 - 0 Canvey Island

YELLOW

Not a bad performance tonight but didn't create alot of chances and Town probably just about edged the game. Compared to Saturday though this was a great deal better but with the likes of Ware and Wingate getting unexpected results tonight we really need to get going again as our place in the play offs could be under threat.

Richard Halle looked OK. Did nothing special but looks a decent acquisition and nearly scored with a free kick.

Not many Canvey fans made the trip tonight, 40 at most I would think but well done to those who went. Was quite a good laugh tonight despite the result.

First half was a midfiled battle and it needed a fine strike to break the deadlook. In the second Canvey had to press forward and that created more chances for us. Agree with Yellow, Town just about deserved to win this one. Really enjoyed the banter with your fans. All friendly and good humoured.

Back to the things that matter - Enfield T against Canvey.....

Felt Canvey just edged the first half although we made no real impact in front of goal. Certainly the opening 10-15 minutes saw a lot of traffic going towards the Enfield Town goal.

Good goal to break the deadlock but I can only remember one decent effort for either side in the first half.

I felt new signing Richard Halle played well in his first game - very vocal, got stuck in and IMHO injected a bit of life into a few of the players around him - especially after last Saturdays result.

The Second half started with Canvey showing great determination to get the goal back and attacking strongly. Crowe and Bourne linking up extremely well and causing their defence a number of problems. Once Canvey started to press, and the first substitutions started, it gave Enfield Town more time to attack and they started to pass the ball around a lot better and began to cause us more problems than we were causing them. Enfield Town finished the stronger in a tight fought game and could have got another goal during the counter attacks. Canvey, however, did defend well all evening.

Shame the crowd was a bit low - I'm sure it would have been far greater had it been held on the Saturday rather than a very blustery freezing evening which must have put quite a few people off from venturing out. Probably going to be on my own here but I also felt the referee had a fair game. I've seen other officials this season who would have completely lost the plot in a game that at times did get a bit near to boiling point.

cangull fair enough,but i wasn't having a pop about you(canvey) i was having a pop about forest gump and their waltham forest cronies who were possibly the most miserable bunch of gits we have had the pleasure of meeting over the last few years,i treat everyone with the respect they treat us.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
I just wanted to say thanks to the Canvey fans who came to us last night, a really friendly bunch & a real credit to your club.

Thanks. There was some good banter last night. Unfortunately we were rather lacking in numbers and in terms of singers but we gave it a go and made a bit of noise.

Was a bit difficult in the second half when there was a few of us behind the open ended goal. Was bloody freezing and any noise we were making was going straight into the air.

You lot were bloody noisy in the second half. Have a feeling we might visit you again in the play offs.

Hopefully we'll both be there but still alot of twists and turns still to come.

Originally Posted By: sudburyroyal
I have a bad feeling that Canvey and ourselves are not going to make the play offs. Hope im wrong.....it was a good crack with you lot at our ground...

I hope your wrong an all - well about Canvey at least wink

Anyway - we are away to Bury on Saturday so should be an easy three points grin