Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Punishment cut for AFC Wimbledon

Punishment cut for AFC Wimbledon....

AFC Wimbledon have had their points deduction reduced from 18 to three by an FA appeal board.

In February the Ryman League appeals committee had handed out the more severe sanction for fielding a player without international clearance.

The Dons had already been expelled from the FA Trophy for utilising midfielder Jermaine Darlington.

Originally they had points taken off for the 11 games in which the former Cardiff player featured for them.

The £400 fine imposed upon the club for breaching three league rules has not been reduced.

The appeal board ruled that, although the Ryman League had not misinterpreted its rules on eligibility and the decision to deduct 18 points was wholly in accordance with those rules, given the specific and unusual circumstances the deduction of 18 points was excessive......

What do you think of above news item?....

source

Totally agree. AFCW made the mistake and should be man enough to accept the punishment. This just sends out the message that if you cry and scream enough you will get your own way. I sincerely hope that they fail in their promotion bid.

Personally I think this sets a dangerous precedent - if another clubs does this next season, then what fine do the Ryman League dish out? If they think the FA will all but quash the punishment then will they just let it pass, to save a long legal and bitter battle?

In a way I hope the Ryman League appeal to the FA over this (if they can)

Originally Posted By: Conference News
Punishment cut for AFC Wimbledon....

AFC Wimbledon have had their points deduction reduced from 18 to three by an FA appeal board.

In February the Ryman League appeals committee had handed out the more severe sanction for fielding a player without international clearance.

The Dons had already been expelled from the FA Trophy for utilising midfielder Jermaine Darlington.

Originally they had points taken off for the 11 games in which the former Cardiff player featured for them.

The £400 fine imposed upon the club for breaching three league rules has not been reduced.

The appeal board ruled that, although the Ryman League had not misinterpreted its rules on eligibility and the decision to deduct 18 points was wholly in accordance with those rules, given the specific and unusual circumstances the deduction of 18 points was excessive......

What do you think of above news item?....
source

I think it's another case of not WHO you are BUT WHO YOU KNOW!!!!

I think it stinks.

bleh

here's the attitude that sums it all up really...taken from footballwebpages......nice..!!

The ghost of Plough Lane, today at 13:09:31

User: Plough Lane Ghost - profile

Views: 111

I would still like us to push to get the FA Trophy and SSC decisions overturned. We won't get reinstated but I'd like an apology and our prize money returned. I also think we should fight to get the points deduction reduced to zero.

Take the FA, the Rymans all the way to the European court of arbitration or whatever it's called. It might take some time but so what, we are quite able to continue this for the next few years while we continue our hopeful progress up the leagues.

Dont give a flying figg if it bankrupts every team in non-league.

I'm quite happy to donate to any fighting fund for this too.

What an ars*hole Plough Lane Ghost is!!!! I hope so much they fail to get promoted. This is club that is so far up its own backside. They even claim the honours of Wimbledon FC/MK Dons!

Originally Posted By: Blue Boy Kev
It doesnt set a good example and other teams will think its acceptable.

Why would other teams think it acceptable? I wouldn't think most teams would want to get kicked out of two cups and lose three league points (points that could still make the difference between winning the title/making the play-offs or not) rather than ensure they do their admin properly.

of course they can...they have the same legal rights as afcw who would have appealed to the european courts...the ryman league can appeal and I reckon that the sting in the tail is that the 18 points stand until that appeal is heard....in 2 years time....the club is so far up its own [****!!****] they cannot see the double edged sword......never cross crusoe.... shocked

ryman south wombles...? grin

Agree that Ghost of Plough Lane is a [****!!****]. He doesn't represent AFCW fans that I know.

Thing is, we can't win really. Give you an example, the St.Albans cup gate thing a year or two back. First the club hears is a solicitors letter alleging gate underdeclaration (no contact from St. Albans before that), which was classy. Our club calls in the FA to investigate and they declare all OK and above board. No apology or anything from St.Albans for the slur. AFCW now invites all visiting clubs to observe cup game attendance calculating.

Now, you imagine if we had done that to another club. This board and others would have gone into meltdown with hatred and accusations of arrogance etc etc. Didn't hear much criticism of St. Albans.

So, whilst not agreeing with people like Ghost of Plough Lane, I can understand why some of our fans adopt a siege mentality.

its not just gopl is it...its almost every thing that you all do...the day that you went behind the backs of the kingstonian board and stole their ground by doing a deal with a dodgy arms dealing developer (allegedly) which is what you were all up in 'arms' about previously with PL was your undoing...in this latest issue you bullied the FA with politics....your are not a non league club..you are a small inconsequential league club..

and talking of the st albans fiasco..I recall your chairman stating...

we are a professionally run club and we do not make mistakes like that..

does that mean that your sec knew about darlington and covered it up and cheated or does it mean that your chairmn was wrong and that you do make mistakes... grin

double standards that many will never forgive....be gone with you and take your stolen history with you.,..

Well we have a record of bullying the FA - worked a treat in 2002 didn't it!

To be honest, with all the hoo-haa i would have thought it would have been more likely to make the FA ratify the Ryman League decision but what do i know. Maybe they just thought the punishment was harsh.

Disappointed to see your dodgy allegations (again) - you're the first to whine if anyone does that about your past non-football activities.

We are a non-league club and will probably remain so for sometime to come (or maybe for ever). Quite enjoy it at this level too. Probably see you next year then biggrin1

what dodgy allegations...I merely repeated what your chairman said in the press over the st albans affair and suggested that you cannot have it both ways...

the fact remains that most non league football fans and officials are appalled at the FA's decision...they just don't say as much publicly probably because they are afraid of the afc boycott or even the same sort of threats that turvey received....obviously the original penalties were draconian and the rules do need changing...the time to do that however is at the AGM...not by maverick action from a football club because they have been caught out followed by ridiculous forum posts from arrogant fans trying to justify it..(yes I know they are a minority) but wishing extinction on other clubs is hardly good for PR....

anyway whats done is done and other than a sting in the tail from the ryman HQ everyone must move on....the ryman premier league this season is looking exciting for a grand stand finish and thats more important than afcw and its high profile lawyers and double standards....

as for playing us next season...I doubt it and personally hope not...