Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CIFC vs Maldon Town

Lefty

Another tough game tomorrow as we play a team like us and chasing a play off place. But i guess if we play like we did on tuesday then another 3 points. I hope batchy sticks with the same line up it seems silly not to with us playing so well. So what do we reckon same team?? score??

i reckon same team gulls win 3-1

Canvey to win 2-1. Same team but Ruggy to come off the bench and score the winner.

Will be difficult to make the play offs now as we're having to rely on teams dropping points in their games in hand.

First half we played OK. Not too many ideas in attack but defence was excellent with Ricky making two excellent saves.

Second half we conceded two poor goals that put us on the backfoot straight away and we never really looked like coming back.

Arlesey is a must win game now.

I would say 2-0 flattered them but we didn't do enough to even look like scoring. The heads seemed to go down after the second goal.

We had a bad five to ten minute spell that cost us the game. I think a few players are suffering through injury and loss of form. Hopefully a victory against Arlesey will kick start things again and if we win all of our remaining 5 games then that should secure a play off place.

Ref was only bad for us!!!!! grin

I've got to say, for once, I agree. The ref was appalling against Maldon. That's not to say we wouldn't have lost anyway. We were okay in the first half and 0-0 at the break was fair, but Maldon were first off the marks in the second half and we were 2-0 down within ten minutes. After that we struggled to retain possesion and didn't deserve anything.

Though no-one could have been happy with that result, I do find it disconcerting and very annoying that we have fans who slag off our performances and then reveal they haven't even been going to our games. In the second half I was stood between a couple of our older fans who were moaning about our terrible displays of late who were the case in point.

I don't think the ref lost us the game. We seemed to lose concentration after Clydie Roberts got booked but had several attempts to clear the ball before it eventually went in.

Not sure what happened for the second goal but it was a poor goal to concede.

I don't think we've been playing that well since just before Xmas. In certain games we got lucky and nicked a point when we could quite easily have lost, I can certainly think of at least three occasions.

I think it's a case of some players have hit a wall. They're tired or are carrying injuries and are trying but are running on empty.

I feel we're a confidence team as well. If we take the lead in a game our confidence grows and most of the time we win. If we go behind the heads drop especially recently.

i heard the canvey fans were getting out of line a bit haha

was there some banter as well with the maldon fans?

I wouldn't call it banter. More like a 16 year old chav and his mates who thought it would be funny to hurl foul mouthed abuse at Canvey supporters in front of families who were sitting in the stand.

He got firmly put in his place by the Yellow Army not that it made a great deal of difference

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
I wouldn't call it banter. More like a 16 year old chav and his mates who thought it would be funny to hurl foul mouthed abuse at Canvey supporters in front of families who were sitting in the stand.

If our fans are so upset by foul mouth abuse maybe they can tone down their own?

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
we didn't have any problems when we went there but perhaps they were scared because HORNCHURCH BOYS ARE BIG AND STRONG!

Funnilly enough you're probably right grin

Must have scared the living daylights out of them!!!

Originally Posted By: ronin
Originally Posted By: YELLOW

If our fans are so upset by foul mouth abuse maybe they can tone down their own?

I'm sure if told to by others they would and be respectful. What got me about these kids was when confronted we were greeted by a further torrent of abuse and general obnoxious behaviour.

Unfortunately society seems to turn a blind eye to these kids and nothing is done. At least the stewards finally lead the lad in question off the premises at the end.