Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Why does Chicken Dhansak........

I agree.

Curries have deteriorated in the last 5 years.

None of the curry houses I know now prepare any meat, they all buy c**p meat and chicken and dunk it in sauce for 5 minutes before serving.

Chinese is no better - all salt and MSG and pizzas no lnger seem to have any cheese or tomamto. What is the world coming to?

Whenever I go out for a curry I always look forward to it for ages but most often it dissapoints. Maybe it's the several pints of beer I've consumed beforehand dulling my tastebuds!!!

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Dammit you guys, I really fancy a curry now. I've an idea Inv-Hal-Lass fancies Italian though.

So I've been told !!

From the "Curry House Glossary of Terms":

"A famous Parsee dish. Interestingly the dhan part of the name means rice and a dhansak is traditionally served with a pulao of fried and spiced rice. An authentic dhansak will made with lamb and contain vegetables and many different types of dhal (the sak in the name). The curry house dhansak is often referred to as "hot, sweet and sour with lentils". The "hot" is chilli powder, the "sweet" is sugar and the "sour" is lemon juice. Curry houses commonly use masoor dhal (split red lentils) but some restaurants now use chana dhal to good effect. If it is done well the dhansak is an excellent curry with contrasting flavours and textures. But if the "sweet" in your restaurant dhansak is provided by the addition of pineapple then, in my opinion, you should order something else."

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/glossary/curries.html

Originally Posted By: Little Miss Urchin
I only like a little rice, as does most people I know. So my question is, 'why do they provide so much?'

You could either
(1) ask for less rice
(2) Leave the rice you dont have room for
(3) Find a fat lad to share curries with, so he can eat more rice than you.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Try an Irish kid. They love paddy fields smile

O'Really ??

bolt