Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arlesey Tommorow....

That's impressive they're bringing a coach. Will increase the attendance a bit.

Doesn't help Southend v Colchester is on today.

Won 1-0 thanks to a Crow penalty. A hard working performance where we had to dig in for a victory.

Felt Ian Luck coming on for Ruggy changed the game as his pace made a difference and was instrumental in winning the penalty.

After that we were the better team and only their keeper kept them in it with some good saves. Kicked off at the end with Jay being sent off as well as two of their players plus their manager and assistant manager. Ref certainly seemed to lose the plot a little.

Overall a good result that kick starts our play off hopes. Crow was man of the match and had a sol,id display in midfield but good performances by Clydie Roberts and Richard Halle who were excellent in midfield and Colin Wall was solid at the back.

Throughly deserved the victory considering the amount of possession we had. First time I've seen Halle play and think he's a welcome addition to the squad that seems to already be settled at Park Lane.

Don't think I can ever recall 5 people being shown a red card during the same incident, expecially with 4 for one side.

Presume Curran's ban will mean he misses the final three games of the season?

Arlesey were a physical side, but I wouldn't say it was a dirty game. Their Captain, no. 6 was one of the ones who was sent off and he wouldn't have looked bad on a Rugby pitch.

Yes we played with more bite and I thought the back three were superb with Crow playing just in front of them. Think they lined up like this:

--------- Wiseman ---------

-- Wall, Kreyling, Dobbo --

---------- Crow -----------

Jay, Roberts, Halle, Bourne

------ Curran, Rugg -------

As for the incident, the two of the Management were most probably sent off for dissent, Curran and the 6 for violent conduct and I think the 5 was sent off for conduct too and it came down to a bit of afters, after Curran was pushed into the advertising hoardings whilst being obstructed going for the ball with the 6 - (Thought Strikers were meant to have more of an advantage these days?).

Curran retaliated and the 6 pushed him again. Their no. 3 was very good and grabbed Curran to drag him away from it all, but as this was happening Glen Johnson, who was warming up at the corner flag went for the 6. Then it ensued a bit further with everyone getting involved. I was told there was a headbutt in there somewhere and Danny Curran landed a right hook on the 6's jaw from the terraces. I don't recall seeing what the 5 did to get a red in the melee.

Once it had all calmed down their Manager, (who whined like a baby at every decision when he was playing) and Ass. Manager, were still giving it all the gob so the Ref just got fed up and showed them red too. The Ass. Manager was still arguing with the Stewards at the tunnel when they wouldn't let him in the changing rooms until he's calmed down.

All in all it was quite entertaining, especially being right in front of the Canvey fans. The 6 had already been booked earlier in the game so he had to walk. Their Manager was subbed after he'd been booked and given another talking to so he wouldn't get sent off - didn't help much!

It was the number 5 Steve Dogbe who had the altercation with Curran. Number 6 James Gray I believe was sent off for the headbutt on Glen Johnson.

Yeah you're probably right actually. Was a real melee in there so couldn't really see what was going on.

The altercation started between their number 5, Dogbe and Curran as they chased the ball towards the hordings. Curran and Dobgbe squared up and there was going to be some handbags.

Glenn Johnson was over by the corner flag, where he had been most of the second half having a chat. Glenn rushed over and his only crime was to try and split the two up. Glenn never aimed any punches or did anything else to provoke the situation.

Their number 6, Gray acted like a man possesed and rushed over and got totally over involved in the situation and if anything fuelled it. Chris Bourne also arrived and tried to seperate and calm players down. Gray squared upto Bourne and "placed his forhead" towards Chris Bourne but it missed. Currans brother seemed to run down and got involved - although I didn't see any further punches. However, Gray who was being ushered away kept looking back at the stands and saying "I'll have you after" and that sort of thing.

Curran and Dogby sent off after Gray had already realised he was going to walk. Their assistant manager got involved and I think he made a thing about Currans actions, the possible punch aimed at Gray and Johnson running on the pitch. Player manager, Hay had whinged throughout the game and also had a go at the ref - although I thought he was just being awkward about giving him his name etc.

An entertaining game with a rather larger than life ending......

Did bring a coach but it was mainly players and their families on it.

Dale Brightley also paid us a visit!!!