Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CIFC v HFC - s

Dagger03

I know that many Canvey supporters missed the first twenty minutes due to the accident on the A13 - so hope this report is of some use to you all.

Monday 9th April 2007

HORNCHURCH 2 CANVEY ISLAND 1

HFC - Dale Brightly – Ron Fletcher – Elliot Styles– John Purdie © - Jim McFarlane – Jamie Southon – Garry Cross -– Mark Janney – Dave Sadler - Simon Parker - Andy Tomlinson

Subs – Amos Foyewa for Sadler 55 - Kris Lee for Simon Parker 55 – Ainsley Gasper – Ryan Lee for Southon 68 – Adam Parker

CIFC – Ricky Wiseman – Andrew West – Jon Stuart – Colin Wall – Dave Kreyling © - Clyde Roberts – Richard Halle – Ryan Edgar – John Curran – Lee Jay - Chris Bourne

Subs – Matt Reade for Bourne 69 – George Blewer – Mitchell Lowes – Stuart Batch – Glen Johnson

Scorers – Mark Janney 78p (H) – Richard Halle 79 (CI) – Kris Lee 85 (H)

Attendance 751 – highest in the division this season

Duration – 46.11 + 48.32

Officials – G Jerden with R Ellis and G Weston

Weather – 17 degrees and sunny, wind speed 15 mph reducing to 5 mph in second half

Bookings – Kreyling 26 (CI) – Tomlinson 36 (H)

HORNCHURCH 2 CANVEY ISLAND 1

A bright sunny day, and the highest crowd of the season in the division. All had come to see the champions and their 30 match unbeaten run. Elliot Styles in at left back for the injured Danny Glozier, and Dave Sadler starting up front. A noisy colourful crowd, including a smaller than expected following from Canvey. Canvey, playing towards the restaurant end of the ground with a strong wind at their backs, began strongly, though Stuart’s long range speculative shot was easily fielded by Brightly. Urchins made a slow start, though Cross gave Janney an opening, which was quickly covered by Kreyling. Canvey pressed forward, a high centre from West being played out for a corner by Styles. The swirling kick curved goalwards, and Purdie headed away, McFarlane completing the clearance. Roberts won a free kick in midfield,

Which Edgar took, placing the ball far too long and it drifted out for a goal kick. Urchins first real chance came when Styles slotted a free kick to Parker, who quickly turned inside his marker and opened up a route for Sadler, who shot was blocked by a defender.

It was Styles again who sent Parker away on a long weaving run, which saw his cross headed back across goal by Cross to Sadler, who returned the ball into the goalmouth where it crossed the goal and went out of play. A long punt upfield enabled Bourne to race goalwards, forcing Brightly to streak out of his area to kick away, whilst at the other end Parker found Sadler who was just beaten to the ball by Kreyling. A Canvey corner by Edgar was headed away by McFarlane, the ball running out to Sadler who was fouled by Halle. With the East Side screaming for the yellow card, the referee took no action other than to award a free kick, which Fletcher took, Styles returning the ball back across goal and Cross heading just over the bar.

At this point the mystery of the away support was resolved when another hundred turned up, having been seriously delayed on the A13. This included a huge drum, bigger in girth than the drummer. They were just passing the East Side when a Canvey corner was cleared by McFarlane. Janney was then stopped in full flight by Kreyling who was booked and from Janney’s free kick Tomlinson headed back across goal, no one being able to touch home. Canvey again came forward Halle’s hard free kick being well saved by Brightly, and then Curran returned the ball into the middle where Southon played it out for a corner, which Bourne took and Brightly dealt with. An excellent chip by Southon to Parker almost saw Simon breaking through, and a minute later it was Southon again, this time finding Sadler, whose shot was turned out for a corner by Stuart. Tomlinson put over a long kick which McFarlane headed back and Wall cleared. Urchins came under a spell of pressure, during which the ball was cleared off the line following a free kick and from the resulting corner, Wall managed to get in a shot amid a crowd of defenders which Fletcher stopped. Edgar then floated a free kick wide of the far post, and almost on the interval Parker broke through and was tackled by Kreyling.

The championship trophy arrived in a big wooden box, and Max tried without success to give away the £100 to the holder of the winning 50-50 ticket. The biggest talking point was why so few Canvey supporters had purchased a programme, thereby missing the chance to read the league’s programme of the season. The refreshment kiosks took a battering from the Canvey following, presumably not being used to such a high quality of cuisine, and supplies of almost everything ran very low.

The wind dropped at half time, and Canvey continued to enjoy the better of the play, a hard drive by Stuart was saved by Brightly, whose long upfield kick was then headed away by the same player. Edgar opened up the left wing with a good pass to Bourne whose centre was turned out by Styles for a corner, and a huge goalmouth scramble ensued, Fletcher finally easing the ball out for another corner. Canvey had a good chance when Jay went through, with Brightly racing out to head away, and then Brightly, under pressure from Curran, could not hold a high ball and Purdie banged the ball hard upfield to safety. At last Urchins began to recover their composure, a Tomlinson corner finding Cross, who prodded the ball on to Foyewa, and Amos saw Wiseman make a good save from the resulting shot. Foyewa and Kris Lee were now on, for Sadler, and Parker, the latter having returned at half time with a large head bandage, and soon after Ryan Lee came on for Southon. The new look forward line began to open up a tiring visiting defence, and Kris Lee sped down the left wing , his cross being turned out by Wiseman for a corner from which Foyewa went close with a hard ground shot. Foyewa again, on a long 50 yard run which ended when he stumbled as he rounded a third defender, and the ball was punted back upfield where a corner resulted, which Brightly caught well, Cross broke through but put his shot behind. Brightly made the save of the match from a Wall shot, and Ryan Lee then won a midfield ball to send Foyewa away on the right. Amos raced past two defenders but hit his shot inches over the bar.

McFarlane then headed off the line from a corner, but by now it was the Urchins looking the more dangerous, and with the visitors defending desperately, it was perhaps too desperate, for Foyewa was scythed down in the penalty area and up stepped MARK JANNEY to place the ball low to the right of the keeper to put the Urchins ahead. Within a minute Canvey were level, when a free kick was awarded, perhaps very harshly, just five yards out from the edge of the penalty area and right in front of goal. Bourne lingered, but RICHARD HALLE took the kick, the ball streaking into the net. Cue hysteria all in yellow, for surely this was the highlight of their season – they had scored against the number one team in Essex. Their supporters jubilated, the drum thumped, the entire Canvey team raced across to their dug out, with the referee hot in pursuit. They had scored. They could not believe it. Nor could the East Side.

A Canvey free kick was cleared, and Hornchurch decided enough was enough and they stepped up a gear. Amos went racing down the right wing, but he placed the cross just a little too far ahead of Kris Lee. Amos again, this time winning a corner, which Ryan Lee took and Wiseman did well to keep out, and then a long free kick was touched on to KRIS LEE, who, in typical Kris Lee fashion, turned and rocketed the ball home – and then the Canvey support found out what real support was like, as the ground trembled and swayed under mass hysteria, and chants – all unrepeatable – reverberated around the ground. Thirty one unbeaten, and we all knew it. Canvey tried to come back again with Edgar’s shot being turned around by Brightly and then Wall heading wide from Edgar’s corner. But it was now one way traffic, and Kris Lee, running on to a pass from Foyewa, was tackled by Kreyling who had just a minute earlier conceded a free kick also against Kris Lee. Amos again beat three players only to lose the ball to the next defender, and Ryan Lee almost gave Kris Lee an opening as the final whistle went. The Canvey drummer slowly disappeared into the distance, beating out his Te Deum, but many Canvey supporters stayed to watch the presentation of the trophy to the undisputed number one team in Essex.

Originally Posted By: dagger04
I know that many Canvey supporters missed the first twenty minutes due to the accident on the A13 - so hope this report is of some use to you all.

Thanks very much, I found that of great use.

I just printed it off and wiped my [****!!****] with it!!

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: CIFC JACKO
That was probably the worst report i have ever read

he he...you have to read daggsy's reports in the manner in which they are written....then all is clear..... grin

I think you said that after our game on Boxing Day. I hope that was sacrasm when talking about your programme. Ours is quite clearly the best in the league.

I'll do our match report tomorrow then!!!

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Originally Posted By: CIFC JACKO
That was probably the worst report i have ever read

he he...you have to read daggsy's reports in the manner in which they are written....then all is clear..... grin

I think you said that after our game on Boxing Day. I hope that was sacrasm when talking about your programme. Ours is quite clearly the best in the league.

I never mentioned the programme... grin

Just some of my personal favourites from the utter retardedness of this report! I mean, the person who wrote this must be blind, deaf, retarded, incontinent, inbred, crippled, have an unhealthy obsession with his mother, and probably his sister, and uncle.

Originally Posted By: dagger04
The refreshment kiosks took a battering from the Canvey following, presumably not being used to such a high quality of cuisine

Cue hysteria all in yellow, for surely this was the highlight of their season – they had scored against the number one team in Essex. Their supporters jubilated, the drum thumped, the entire Canvey team raced across to their dug out, with the referee hot in pursuit. They had scored. They could not believe it. Nor could the East Side.

– and then the Canvey support found out what real support was like, as the ground trembled and swayed under mass hysteria, and chants – all unrepeatable – reverberated around the ground. Thirty one unbeaten, and we all knew it.

but many Canvey supporters stayed to watch the presentation of the trophy to the undisputed number one team in Essex.

I'm sorry but ... cuisine? What are they serving down at Hornchurch? Fuc*ing oysters and caviar sprinkled in gold or something?

The number one team in Essex is Colchester United followed by Southend United and then Dagenham and Redbridge, then Grays Athletic, then Thurrock and Heybridge Swifts, then Billericay Town and Chelmsford City.

Everyone of those teams if faced with their proper first eleven would beat Hornchurch (well maybe and hopefully not Grays because thay are like toilet scum).

Number one team in Essex? Has this retarded monkey's bowel movement ever seen another team play or in fact ever seen another game before ever in his life?

He deserves to have his mouth raped by little children with better eyesight!

yeah chalky think you have lost it with this one mate,still i am well aware off the inane dribble that can be posted at 2.15 am after plenty of alcohol!

As uncle says if you go back and read all daggers reports they are completely toungue in cheek.Are we really the best team in essex,of course not that title goes to colchester,but anyone who actually believes it or thinks it is completely serious needs their heads looking at.But we will let you off as you were seriously bladdered imo!

agreed about grays though,they are toilet scum!

Originally Posted By: chalky boy
Uncle Urchin: not one of your better posts chalky boy

I thought that was a pretty good thread from me actually! What...cant i have a bit of fun too coz my one was also meant to be tongue in cheek?

okay....no problem but it read as very distasteful and indeed was most abusive.....as opposed to daggers harmless spoof reports....

but whatever turns you on chalky dear boy.....whatever turns you on....

Back to subject, match report is now on the website.

Towards which team though?!!! grin

Originally Posted By: chalky boy
Uncle Urchin: not one of your better posts chalky boy

I thought that was a pretty good thread from me actually! What...cant i have a bit of fun too coz my one was also meant to be tongue in cheek?

okay....no problem but it read as very distasteful and indeed was most abusive.....as opposed to daggers harmless spoof reports....

but whatever turns you on chalky dear boy.....whatever turns you on....

Oh god! We are men aren't we? We do speak like this at football games and in pubs as fun banter (depending on your sense of humour), yeah? But as soon as we get behind a computer, we must become gentlemen and be civil to each other, even when we are taking the pi*s!

Leave it out! If his sense of humour is to give biased reports that sound stupid in his own way, then mine is to insult him playfully in my own way after watching films like Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Seriously, we are men with hard feelings that dont get hurt too often so what is the problem with that?