Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 26-September 17 )

• Photo
    koplad

• Photo
    Stewarding

• Photo
    MTHead

• Photo
    Leroix

• Photo
    keano

Photo

FFS...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Uncle Urchin

Uncle Urchin
  • Long Service Award
is anyone watching the interview with this silly cow just released from Iran.....

fckn traiterous money grabbing bimbo.....

there is no hope.... mad

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
No. I have no wish to.

I have no problem with "captured" (kidnapped, illegaly detained) servicemen/women going along with the farce of appearing on TV, saying how naughty we are and the rest of it. I understand they are actually advised to do so in order to increase the chances of their survival, and it has no military or morale effect as it is obvious to everyone in the West that they are speaking/writing under coercion: in fact the propaganda value is all in favour of the West.

I suppose I cannot object to their writing accounts of the incident AFTER they leave the service. I am an avid reader of (among other things) autobiographies from WW2 (and WW1) and there is, I suppose, a direct parallel.

However, I cannot agree with them selling their stories while still in the service. This is distasteful in the extreme, if nothing else.

I would hope that they all donate their fees to service charities and it doesn't happen again.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
Mixed feelings about this.

Tony Bliar and Co. seem to be pleased to see them home but have done absolutely fck all about retaliatory measures.

No change there, then !

Expel all Iranian diplomats, I say !

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man

However, I cannot agree with them selling their stories while still in the service.

Particularly when the stories aren't all that interesting anyway. They weren't there very long, they weren't as badly treated as others might be in wartime (Adrian Nicoll and Jon Peters in the first Gulf War got it much worse) and if they had to sell their story then most if not all of the money should have gone to charities for veterans (I think in fact one of the group did do that).

But a six-figure sum for Turney's 'story'... must have been a slow news week.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
I was in London all day yesterday with No 2 Son-in-Law, and as we were driving past a kerbside Iranian restaurant/cafe, there were two arabs kicking a punching the [****!!****] out of each other.

I hadn't the heart to ask 'em if either of 'em wanted me to send the navy in !

(The 'punch-up' part is very true !)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus