Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Play-Off Situation Confirmed

ronin

Just read this on the Ryman Isthmian forum

In today's bulletin sent to club's this is what has been said on what we were talking about the other day.

==========================================================

PROMOTION PLAY-OFFS

The Football Association’s Leagues Committee has confirmed that in the event of a club finishing in a play-off position (i.e. second to fifth place in their Division) but not qualifying for the play-offs, then the highest placed team in those play-off positions would receive a bye to the Play-off Final.

So it`s 5 place or nothing for us, which i think is the right call even if we miss out.

Originally Posted By: ronin
Clubs struggle to keep their grounds up to their current grading let alone spending money on a grading they will probably never need.

err yeah...but we are talking maldon here who have the grading...(swifts need it next year) land deals and mergers and politics.....

UM is sooooooooooo right in this respect...if you miss out it wasn't because of football... it was because of houses...

I wasn`t talking about Maldon although obviously they are the team taking up a play-off spot but unable to go up. If we miss out it will because we didn`t finish in the top 5, which we knew we had to do at the start of the season.

Should a Ryman Premier team be forced to get a Conference National grading on the off-chance they will get back-to-back promotions?

Believe that is the right decision. I would rather we qualified for the play offs by finishing 5th rather than sneaking in through the backdoor because another club hasn't got the facilities required to make the next level.

no but if you have aspirations as a club you should have the ground grading sorted.If there is no intention of making the grading but the other 19 clubs in the league have it then that club should not be trying to stop others going up when there is no chance for them to do so!

But in most divisions there are only about 10 clubs (at the most) who have any ambition/hope of going up, the rest are either struggling to stay up or happy to plod along in midtable.

By your reckoning the teams who can`t go up should not go out to win games against the teams who have a chance of going up! I wish somebody had told Tilbury about this idea earlier in the season mad

The whole thing is ludicrous.Too much emphasis is put on the clubs to get their grounds upto standard.I mean some of the things that need to be done to get a certain grading are petty.But saying that why should a team that knows it can't go up at the beginning of the season take another clubs place in that league

I wish somebody had told Tilbury about this idea earlier in the season mad

Don't worry - according to this article on the AFC Sudbury site they may be playing in Ryman League Division 1 South next season along with Aveley....

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 14:11

Aveley Could Make League Switch

AVELEY SWITCH?
10/04/2007

Aveley could find themselves switched to the Ryman Division One South next season as part of the latest restructuring of the non-League scene.

However, no-one at the Millers has been alerted to the possible move, reportedly mooted last week at a meeting of the FA`s National Leagues Systems committee.

The creation of a new Midlands and North non-League structure means the Ryman League may have to find room for another club at Division One level.

The most likely option put forward is reported to be a new club coming into the current Ryman One North set-up - which also includes borough club Tilbury - with Aveley, as the team nearest the Dartford crossing, switching to the Ryman South which primarily consists of Kent, Sussex and Surrey teams.

Aveley, along with Tilbury and current Ryman premier club east Thurrock United, have been shifted around over recent seasons.

Initially all were in the Isthmian League, now better known after the name of its sponsors Ryman, but two seasons ago they spent a year in the Southern League, before another restructuring saw them back under the Ryman banner.

With another reshuffle on the cards imposed by the Football Association, non-League football could face another summer of change.

Ryman League chairman Alan Turvey said that the league did not want any changes but they could be forced to respond to the FA's reshuffle.

However, he added: "At this point we can't really say anything other than nothing has been decided. I was not at the FA Leagues committee meeting so I don't know what was said but we will obviously have to wait until the end of the season to see where clubs stand and which clubs are coming into the league and which are leaving."

Aveley secretary Craig Johnson said that he had heard rumours of a possible switch but had heard nothing officially.

"Obviously we would prefer to stay where we are but I can't say much more at this point as I do not know anything official at the moment."

A switch of division will not be the only change at the Millers in the summer.

The club are currently managerless, being run by a caretaker partnership of Kevin Head and Alex Smith but Johnson says they are in no rush to appoint and will await events.

"We have already had a large number of expressions of interest in the position, including some managers with very good reputations, but we shall sit back and take stock and see what happens.

"The club is in safe hands at the moment and we are not in any danger or relegation so there is no need to rush or panic. We can take our time and get the right person for the job."

Also on the agenda in the summer is a rebuilding job at Mill Field. The ground suffered severe damage in a winter storm and the covered standing area was wrecked.

Other than making the area safe, the club have not done anything yet and it is another project for the summer.

"The league have been very understanding and we are in a position where we don't have to do anything until the end of the season so we are making sure we do it right, but the stand will be rebuilt in some form," said Johnson.

www.thurrockgazette.co.uk

ynot

I never want to go back to Tilbury!!!!

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
The whole thing is ludicrous.Too much emphasis is put on the clubs to get their grounds upto standard.I mean some of the things that need to be done to get a certain grading are petty.But saying that why should a team that knows it can't go up at the beginning of the season take another clubs place in that league

We all knew the rules at the start of the season so we`ve got to get on with it, it`s when they bend/change the rules to suit clubs that bugs me.

Originally Posted By: A Non E Mouse
I wish somebody had told Tilbury about this idea earlier in the season mad

Don't worry - according to this article on the AFC Sudbury site they may be playing in Ryman League Division 1 South next season along with Aveley....

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 14:11

Aveley Could Make League Switch

AVELEY SWITCH?
10/04/2007

Aveley could find themselves switched to the Ryman Division One South next season as part of the latest restructuring of the non-League scene.

However, no-one at the Millers has been alerted to the possible move, reportedly mooted last week at a meeting of the FA`s National Leagues Systems committee.

The creation of a new Midlands and North non-League structure means the Ryman League may have to find room for another club at Division One level.

The most likely option put forward is reported to be a new club coming into the current Ryman One North set-up - which also includes borough club Tilbury - with Aveley, as the team nearest the Dartford crossing, switching to the Ryman South which primarily consists of Kent, Sussex and Surrey teams.

Aveley, along with Tilbury and current Ryman premier club east Thurrock United, have been shifted around over recent seasons.

Initially all were in the Isthmian League, now better known after the name of its sponsors Ryman, but two seasons ago they spent a year in the Southern League, before another restructuring saw them back under the Ryman banner.

With another reshuffle on the cards imposed by the Football Association, non-League football could face another summer of change.

Ryman League chairman Alan Turvey said that the league did not want any changes but they could be forced to respond to the FA's reshuffle.

However, he added: "At this point we can't really say anything other than nothing has been decided. I was not at the FA Leagues committee meeting so I don't know what was said but we will obviously have to wait until the end of the season to see where clubs stand and which clubs are coming into the league and which are leaving."

Aveley secretary Craig Johnson said that he had heard rumours of a possible switch but had heard nothing officially.

"Obviously we would prefer to stay where we are but I can't say much more at this point as I do not know anything official at the moment."

www.thurrockgazette.co.uk

Had another look on the another site and his educated guess at Ryman North teams for 07/8 still include Aveley but of course things could change.

He also lists Barton Rovers,Brenwood Town,Dunstable Town and Edgware Town as Ryman North clubs next season.

I've heard bad things about Dunstable!!!!

That's similar to what I've heard about them.