Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Play-Off Situation Confirmed

ronin

UM stop going on about facilities. maldon were in the ryman prem last season and have the ground grading. the reason they have not applied for promotion is all politics and i think who ever is running the club stands to make more money on it if they are in lower division. having said that maldon are awaiting hearing on the possibility that should they be in playoffs they are able to compete and try to be promoted.

the cut off date was 3 games into the season!!!! as i said its all politics and the big wigs behind closed doors at maldon dont actually want them to go up in my opinion.

Whenever the cut-off is/was they could still have put Maldon forward for promotion like the other clubs did.

Can 2 Ryman Premier clubs share the same ground? It must be only a matter of time before Heybridge and Maldon merge.

i doubt they will merge but what i think you will find is maldon ending up in the essex senior league. allegedly having a ground built out the back of the current stadium that will be up to ESL standard ONLY. what i'd like to know is why on earth heybridge want to buy maldons ground in firdt place????? does park drive have more potential then scraley road or are heybridge taking a back step like maldon will be?

Scraley Road is not a bad ground. Bar is also half decent.

smallsy,chill out mate,i am just going by the general talk at the moment,as far as i am aware maldon are more than capable of hosting ryman prem games,my logic was aimed more in general,don't get so fecking touchy little man,all i was suggesting was that if clubs knew they couldn't or wouldn't get the grading then they should foresake their place in the league to someone who could.I am also not naive enough to realise that after a while this would filter down the league and mean that some leagues would be left with an amount of clubs who couldn't afford to update their ground.my whole point is too much emphasise is put on ground grading when people just want to watch their local club.everything now is aimed at safety but how many clubs actually have unsafe stadia,pretty much none when it comes down to non league standard!

Smallsy i didn't like the maldon ground too much but it is a non league ground and i am sure they do all they can,i also felt it was a very good social club,enjoyed the beer etc etc but i dicn't care too much for their fans but i doubt very much whether they cared for us noisy gits,at least they let me watch england beat france in the rugby there instead of footy results!

Smallsy chill,i ain't after a munch all the time mate!

i was [****!!****]*red last night and i have had 3 pms telling me that it was the easiest night of my postings they have understood.

Anyway,where were all the canvey lads at the cricket today,took the missus and her littlee bro up to lords and bumped into photourchin who gave us a lift home,but alas no great esckape and cronies!!

shah got 47,decent knock,can't remember how he got out think he was caught but not sure,off about 125 balls.Compton was out before i got there for 0,he was caught!

beer £3.30

Pies £4.90

£12 to get in which is good value but i don't knoww why these people have to rip you off the minute you walk through the gate!

I used to always go to the Champions v MCC games when i was a lad.

My best memory was MCC V Leicestershire when Paddy Clift got 8-34 between snow showers.

It was so cold that all the fielders took turns fielding at the Tavern end to have a shot of Whiskey.

As i was so cold,i didn't go the next day and missed Amiss and Brearley putting on a 300+ partnership in the warm sunshine.

Originally Posted By: onebreast
i heard last night that maldon have now applied to the FA to be considered for promotion and theyve given it the green light

I had been told that it was being considered but if they have been given the ok i can see it causing ructions amongst the other play-off clubs. Who will be the first club to threaten court action?