Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Play-Off Situation Confirmed

ronin

This situation with Maldon is ridiculous. Whats the point of having rules then? Read in my local freebie paper (SWF) that Maldons manager said, paraphrase - "it would be different if we were AFC Wimbledon!". implying the rules would be relaxed for them if they were AFC.

I know some will disagree, but whether AFC Wimbledon or Maldon i say,

Rules is Rules...Without them it would be chaos.

what about brentwood in the ESL this season. played a suspended player and were not punished. its the luck of the draw. personally if maldon finish in a play off place no one can have any arguments that they are allowed to compete. bitter canvey fans wont be happy about it but if you finish in the top 5 of a league you are entitled to be allowed a second chance. its embarassing for clubs to threaten court action, what do they expect!!!!!! play offs are never going to be easy. if any of the play off clubs play maldon and lose they will only have themselves to blame - NOT THE LEAGUE FOR LETTING MALDON PLAY IN THE PLAY OFFS WHEN MALDON WILL HAVE EARNED IT.

steph seems you are nevervous!!!!! would you want to be promoted by default? or earn it?

Originally Posted By: smallsy
what about brentwood in the ESL this season. played a suspended player and were not punished. its the luck of the draw. personally if maldon finish in a play off place no one can have any arguments that they are allowed to compete. bitter canvey fans wont be happy about it but if you finish in the top 5 of a league you are entitled to be allowed a second chance. its embarassing for clubs to threaten court action, what do they expect!!!!!! play offs are never going to be easy. if any of the play off clubs play maldon and lose they will only have themselves to blame - NOT THE LEAGUE FOR LETTING MALDON PLAY IN THE PLAY OFFS WHEN MALDON WILL HAVE EARNED IT.

Smallsy are you fishing? I don`t think you will find anyone on here saying we should be allowed into the play-offs instead of Maldon, we only deserve to be there if we get enough points.

What i and i think others want is for the Ryman League/F.A. to stick to the rules they set out at the start of the season.

The court action line was a "joke" and a reference to the Wimbledon farce but in all honestly it will happen more and more if clubs think they can win on appeal.

'Application' for promotion has no place in modern day football. As long as the ground is of a high enough grading and the team finish in a play-off place, they should automatically get promotion. Clubs don't accidentally finish in the play-offs, or top of the league. If they can't afford to go up, they wouldn't be at that end of the league.

no wasnt fishing. on reflection seems it was more of a bite from myself if what you are saying is correct. apologies for diving in. at least i can admit it.

i myself hope maldon are allowed to compete as it was neither the players nor managers decision to not apply for promotion.

yes the situation is a joke but dont you think the rules are pathetic that you have to "apply" for promotion. especially when you was in that league the prior season so the ground is obviously up to the required standard.

would make sense to me that the teams finishing in promotion positions i.e. champions and playoffs are assessed at the end of the season whether their ground meets the required standard.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
'Application' for promotion has no place in modern day football. As long as the ground is of a high enough grading and the team finish in a play-off place, they should automatically get promotion. Clubs don't accidentally finish in the play-offs, or top of the league. If they can't afford to go up, they wouldn't be at that end of the league.

agreed. see my post i made at a similar time to yours.

no wasnt fishing. on reflection seems it was more of a bite from myself if what you are saying is correct. apologies for diving in. at least i can admit it.

i myself hope maldon are allowed to compete as it was neither the players nor managers decision to not apply for promotion.

yes the situation is a joke but dont you think the rules are pathetic that you have to "apply" for promotion. especially when you was in that league the prior season so the ground is obviously up to the required standard.

would make sense to me that the teams finishing in promotion positions i.e. champions and playoffs are assessed at the end of the season whether their ground meets the required standard.

smile

No problems Smallsy i know how upset you little folk get smile

We obviously have different opinions about the rules, i agree there are some very petty things in the rule book but i think as long as everyone is given the same book and agree to it at the start of the season you can`t ask for it to be re-written when it suits.

I don`t think the idea of being assessed once you reach the play-offs would work but maybe a team relegated from a higher division should be automatically put on the list of teams applying for promotion at least for 1 season.

P.S. I`m not sure if you realise Steph is an Enfield Town fan.

yeh i know he is an enfield town fan cos i asked him if he wanted his team to go up by default haha we all know canvey arent going up already grin (this is me fishing haha)

i agree with what you say ronin. if there is a rule book it should be adhered to by all. my greivance is not with the rules its with the maldon chairman who appears to not want his club to push on and a lot of players have worked their nuts off to get where they are and it looks like they are not going to be rewarded for their efforts.

did you all know steph is a man? and loves a boat trip and boring everyone with the details grin hi steph :wave:

i agree with what you say ronin. if there is a rule book it should be adhered to by all. my greivance is not with the rules its with the maldon chairman who appears to not want his club to push on and a lot of players have worked their nuts off to get where they are and it looks like they are not going to be rewarded for their efforts. :wave:

The situation at Maldon regardless of what division they play in next season is very confusing, how can a club "push on" when they are selling their ground to another club?

Smallsy

I agree that promotion should be on merit over a season and as such Play-offs should be stopped. I also agree that if Maldon finish in the top 5 then it is reasonable that they should play in the play-offs if that is the system without reference to ground grading etc.

My point is that the league and FA have decided that there should be a cut off date for application for promotion and if Maldon are allowed to ignore that cut off date why should anybody take any notice of it?

As far as nervousness is concerned I believe that Town now have the character and ability to win these play-offs no matter who the opposition is. Their ability has been demonstrated by the recent 4-1 and 4-0 victories against Tilbuy and Arsley. Their character has been demonstrated by the last gasp result against WItham when Witham pulled back for a late equaliser.

The only problem I can see is that these hard bouncy pitches do not suit their footballing style as hard pitches favour the hoofers with tall forwards.

Urchin Mentalist (edited to remove reference to UU)

I did not hide from you to buy you a beer at Hornchurch it was for you to find me. I will be in the board room before the play off games and I expect you to find me and get your pint. If I had known how poor and bitter you are about such matters I would have arranged a collection for you.

ken youve lost me there mate!

steph fair enough mate i dont disagree with you

steph you pillock,if you owe someone money you should have the decency to find that person and pay them,it is not for others to find you.Anyway it was admission into the ground or the equivalant,luckily for you it was admission into hornchurch ground which is only £6.