Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-September 18 )

• Photo
    swd

• Photo
    changesnightspot

• Photo
    MaddoHatter

I am off into hiding!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
49 replies to this topic

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
No probs SteveP.<P>Like I'm not an adictive person (except maybe where Billericay Town are concerned) and everything has its time and place.<P>Like everything, drink, blow, footie, ****, even walking across the road, they all have their down side and can be dangerous. Just gotta keep things in perspective.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
stella does not have a downside

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Oh yes it does. especialy if you drink 15 pints of the bloody stuff.<P>Next morning..... ooooooooooooo, I feel sick!!!

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
i'll let you know tomorrow images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Ahh what a day talk about a double headed hangover - one to commiserate the not so mighty Reds dropping Grim clangers and one for the mighty Iron maintaining our superior league position - lets be honest who wants to be voodoo top at this stage.<P>Then I had to teach a class of first years how to give injections nearly threw up.<P>Just waiting for the phone call to be struck off! images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
just got in.. feel fine stella working well..have to report for work at 7.15 am ..mmmm lets see how i feel then images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
And how do feel, CANV?

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Does the clubhouse serve Stella? If not you can enjoy a dozen pints of the stuff at our gaffe. And play the fruit machine face to face! You still got that machine done up like an armaguard van? Where you have to slip your hands through the bars to play it? Must be a load of villains on the marshes.LOL images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
worryingly good gazza.. made it here at 7.10 am and still havn't been affected by the waves of nausea and depression that usually follow a decent binge..in fact i quite fancy a pint...always drink premium lager it hurts less..iron knob, they dont do stella at park lane but they do have 1664 which is about as close as your gonna get..following conf grading rules the fruity is protected by a level 6 force field images/icons/wink.gif" border="0

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
Now there's a real point, why do we grade gronds for the conference on silly things like safety, seats and capacity?<P>I think it should be on:<P>Quality and diversity of Booze.<BR>Is there Kronnie/Stella/Carlsberg?<BR>Is there a good supply of bottles if the draught turns out a bit nasty?<BR>Is either Zambuca/Tequila available for those special occasions?<P>Comfort<BR>Is there a decent fruit machine with a Jackpot above £50?<BR>Does the ground offer decent leaning levels?<BR>Can I park the car and get in to the bar in less than 5 minutes?<BR>Are there enough TVs with teletext results post match?<BR>Is there a place to run for cover in the rain?<P>Food<BR>Are the burgers of a high quality?<BR>Is there a plentiful supply of bar snacks?<BR>Is there more then one place in the ground where you can get food?<P>I think we need to be setting these standards for a better league!! If you want to add to it I would love to hear.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
is there a decent boozer nearby for when those big games mean the clubhouse is rammed..by nearby i mean no more than 8 steps away

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Yeah with three dozen or so licensed premises in Braintree, the Orange Tree within a stones throw of our ground we'd be nationwide. Billericay with no more than 6 or 7 pubs in the whole joint will back in the Essex Intermediate. Guess Canvey would be back in the Southend and district going on the pub benchmark.

offline .Ian

.Ian
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Canvey has over 20 licensed premises!!

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
premiership for us then! mind you you cant count the silver jubilee due to excessive blandness....i think you should start a thread on the canvey board to see who can name em

offline Barrie Fries

Barrie Fries
  • Trainee
At one time, although I doubt it is true now, Gravesend had more pubs per head of population than any other town in Britain.<P>So we must be heading for the Premiership

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Aldershot know all about the "Rising Sun" and the "Crown" in Billericay High Street!!!

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Then theres the pub at South Green and the one further up Southend Road. The Dovecot (prob got another name now). Well that was the roll call when I lived in that "Quaker turned commuter town". Though i suspect their may be a couple of newbies in Billericay nowadays.

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Oh yeah and the Railway, if that hasn't been demolished lol.

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Yeah, the Dovecot has changed its name more times then I've had a ****. I think it is now reverted back to the Dovecot.<P>Quaker turned cummutor town? Could this be a compliment from someone from a market town?

offline SteveP

SteveP
  • Reserves Coach
I remember going to Heybridge and going through Chelmsford. There was this rough looking pub, I think it was The Army & Navy. Outside there was a poster saying, <P>'Playing Tonight, Sigue Sigue Sputnik' <P>Can you imagine a better way to spend an evening?? I think I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus