Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I am off into hiding!

Ahh what a day talk about a double headed hangover - one to commiserate the not so mighty Reds dropping Grim clangers and one for the mighty Iron maintaining our superior league position - lets be honest who wants to be voodoo top at this stage.<P>Then I had to teach a class of first years how to give injections nearly threw up.<P>Just waiting for the phone call to be struck off! shocked.gif" border="0

If Braintree win at home on Saturday - they will go top. mad.gif" border="0<P>Mind you Canvey will go second on Tuesday if they win, or top if Braintree fail to win. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Not sure if Braintree will find it that easy against Hampton & Richmond.<P>In reponse to Gazza - first day of the season does count - every team had played one game, so in fact, being top with no games in hand by any team could be argued as more represenatative than any other time, as at the moment Aldershot have two games in hand, and we have one - so a true assesment cannot be guaged until the teams are all level with the same games played. Mind you that theory wouldn't have held up last season at any point.<P>Did that make sense?! I am off for a lie down - this migrane is spreading. wink.gif" border="0

SteveP, I've got plenty if you want some. I'd been stocking up for the long gloomy winter months ahead but maybe I won't be needing them so much from now on.<P>I won't deny that we had some luck last night but, believe me, we were due a bit. We haven't looked as bad as our record would suggest all season. We're still not out of it yet but hopefully with some renewed confidence we can upset a few other higher placed teams and escape to safety.<P>Up the Eagles!

worryingly good gazza.. made it here at 7.10 am and still havn't been affected by the waves of nausea and depression that usually follow a decent binge..in fact i quite fancy a pint...always drink premium lager it hurts less..iron knob, they dont do stella at park lane but they do have 1664 which is about as close as your gonna get..following conf grading rules the fruity is protected by a level 6 force field wink.gif" border="0

Now there's a real point, why do we grade gronds for the conference on silly things like safety, seats and capacity?<P>I think it should be on:<P>Quality and diversity of Booze.<BR>Is there Kronnie/Stella/Carlsberg?<BR>Is there a good supply of bottles if the draught turns out a bit nasty?<BR>Is either Zambuca/Tequila available for those special occasions?<P>Comfort<BR>Is there a decent fruit machine with a Jackpot above £50?<BR>Does the ground offer decent leaning levels?<BR>Can I park the car and get in to the bar in less than 5 minutes?<BR>Are there enough TVs with teletext results post match?<BR>Is there a place to run for cover in the rain?<P>Food<BR>Are the burgers of a high quality?<BR>Is there a plentiful supply of bar snacks?<BR>Is there more then one place in the ground where you can get food?<P>I think we need to be setting these standards for a better league!! If you want to add to it I would love to hear.

Yeah with three dozen or so licensed premises in Braintree, the Orange Tree within a stones throw of our ground we'd be nationwide. Billericay with no more than 6 or 7 pubs in the whole joint will back in the Essex Intermediate. Guess Canvey would be back in the Southend and district going on the pub benchmark.

I remember going to Heybridge and going through Chelmsford. There was this rough looking pub, I think it was The Army & Navy. Outside there was a poster saying, <P>'Playing Tonight, Sigue Sigue Sputnik' <P>Can you imagine a better way to spend an evening?? I think I can.