Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Sudbury

Very quiet on here considering this is a crunch match tha will more likely than not set the final scene for our season.

Beautiful weather and the potential for away support should give us a good gate this afternoon and I expect it to be over the 400 mark.

I may be off the mark but if I was in charge of AFC Sudbury I'd be looking at just not losing - go for the draw or even grab a result. So I think Sudbury will play a cautious defensive game which may make it extremely difficult for us up front and if we push up to far they may grab something on the break.

We've ridden our luck a few times this season and I'm going for a close 2-1 win to the Gulls - just so we can stretch the excitement out for a little bit longer...... eek

Think we'll win today but probably miss out on the play offs. Be good to extend the excitement to the final day of the season.

Should get a crowd around the 450 mark today. I'll be a bit dissapointed if we get anything lower.

The chances of us making a play off place have now got extremely slim.

I thought Sudbury would taken a more defensive tact but to be fair they came along and played some good attacking football and were the better side in the first half.

Second half we came out looking more determined and forced a couple of extremely good chances from free kicks. First half we looked a little bit dodgey defensively - particualarly picking up some of their players in the box and it looked like a defensive error in the second half for their second goal. We stuck to the task at hand and managed to grab a last gasp equaliser. If I was a Sudbury fan I would have felt that it was two points lost as they probably edged the game overall.

Johnny Stuart was man of the match and did have a very good game - read the situation well on many occassions running in and taking the ball from the opposition player and starting a counter attack. Good to see Danny Curran get a start as we have lacked something up front in a number of matches recently.

Thought the crowd was a bit on the low side considering how important the game was. 392 and that included a fair number of away fans.

Good noisey support and thanks for playing your part in the commeration to Fred The Bugle. I think Sudbury could grab that all important play off place and may do well in the play offs - either way , best of luck.

392 for a game of that importance is poor, very poor.

On the bright side we played well today and deserved a draw. Not sure if we deserved the victory but good performances from both Colin Wall and Jon Stuart and a great goal from Ryan Edgar.

Probably won't make the play offs now but you never know.

Yesterday was the second time I've seen Danny Curran play, and I must say what a difference he makes with attacking options down the right. We've been ok down the left, but missed something down the right and it's made the team look inbalanced on occasions. Hopefully if he can remain fit and injury free, next season he may just be what we've been looking for on the attacking front.

Thought a draw was fair yesterday, I like the way the official site has both late goals coming in the 90th minute when there were at least 9 minutes between them. We must've scored in the 98th minute.

I thought the defence held their own yesterday and their goals seemed to come from a lapse in concentration. All three centre backs were solid and cleared mostly everything that was thrown in front of them. Thought Matt Reade did well too condsidering he hasn't had much match practise recently.

Looking forward to Potters Bar if we can keep up these performances. But alas I feel the Playoffs are beyond us now.

I think over time the Curran brothers will show some excellent link up work, I could see some flashes of it yesterday, with Danny on the right delivering to Jay. There was that one effort where Danny beat two men and should've crossed the ball for the Strikers, but at least he DOES run into space/at goal and he CAN beat his man. For only his second or third game in a year that ain't half bad!

There were other moments throughout the game yesterday that you could see that the players are starting to learn and play like a unit again with some good one touch passing and movement, especially in the second half with both Currans, Edgar, Halle, Colin Wall, Chris Bourne and Matt Reade all getting in on the action. Like I said, Danny Curran will be one of those names constantly on the team sheet next season if he can remain fit and injury free.

Danny Curran looked lively when he came on. There was that effort that Matt talked about where he beat two men but failed to get the cross in just before we scored our equaliser but I'm sure with match practice he will improve.

You have to remember he already has a proven record in non league football with the likes of Aveley and Chelmsford.

You Canvey Island Fans really crease me up.

At the beginning of the season there were many of you that thought you were going to walk the league and now you are suggesting that the "playoffs" are beyond you.

CI are level on points with Sudbury and though Sudbury have got games in hand they have to look to win 2 of their 4 games and get a point from the other in order to keep you out.

They have to play Harlow who also need points to get to runners up and GWR who can easily secure a win.

Its not over till its over and you should not be conceding yet. Same as you should not have been so [****!!****] sure before the season started. At this level of football surely you realise that anybody can beat anybody and nothing is certain.

Nothing is impossible but you have to be realistic. It's either that or get called arrogant.