Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

score vs ilford

townerboy

Hasler, Alabi, Gillingham, Harvey, Simmons, Hussain, Chibogu, May, Jones, Carter, Houghton, Sucji, Lardige

John, Nay, Bastian, Gant, Stephens, Carroll, Velandia, Hall, Crace, Hammatt, Jones, Hunt, Tickner, Negus, Nyman

Well the baggies won to today and deserved their win.

Town started well with Bryan Hammatt in a one on one with Hasler but did not complete. Corporal Jones was shown a Red Card for being out of step with the rules and Town soon found themselves down to 10 men. I was closer to the incident than most and I’m afraid I was in agreement with Mr Steel. Bryan Hammatt lobbed the keeper just missing. Adam Gant went down injured. David Bastian tackled strongly earning a strong talking to. Adam Gant headed over the bar. Bryan Hammatt nearly in on goal after Hasler miss-kicked but he managed to block. At the other end Kevin Stephen was blocking shot. Bryan Hammatt fouled in the box and penalty granted. Rudi Hall buried it 0 -1 Hasler booked. At the other end JJ saved. Finally Chibogu gets on the end of an Alabi cross 1 – 1. Rudi Hall has a shot saved. Bryan Hammatt sets up a lovely shot for Crace to nail 1 – 2. So at the end of first half town’s 10 men beating Ilford comfortably but Chibogu did look good.

Second half Ricci Crace heads over, Rudi Hall shot over. Ricci Crace shot saved. Ilford head wide. Velandia has shot saved. Town suddenly develop the collywobbles and start to look beatable. JJ forced to save. Robbie Carroll off and Dave Hunt on. Finally May scores for Ilford 2 – 2. Bastian gets a yellow. Jamie Nay off and Matty Negus on. Ricci Crace headed over. Chibogu scores a great goal if you are an Ilford supporter. 3 – 2. Dean Nyman on for Kevin Stephens. A Matty Negus cross finger tipped over by Hasler. Adam Gant headed over.

It was hot it was dusty and we lost our way today.

Funny, I thought they were known as the Foxes, Still s4it result. Harlow scraped to a 2-1 win so the result doesn't have as much bearing but going into the playoffs with a poor result like that could be a problem.

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
.....with Bryan Hammatt in a one on one with Hasler but did not complete.......

Err..... De ja vou? doah

Sounds like a good miss today, I did say on another thread that although our last three games were against the bottom three I didnt fancy us taking maximum points after previous efforts against lower teams this season, we struggled & were awful last week & now this performance, cant wait for next week!!

RnR

I was going to believe what you said about Jones sending off until I read that you thought Nyman came on for Stephens. I now know that you didn't have your specs on as I am sure it was Tickner and if not Tickner then Magona. Whoever it was he was limping almost from the off.

Magona suspended

Tickner injured but on the bench walking wounded

Robbie Carroll playing well but taken off

David Allen unfit

No 5th sub not even a reserve

Most fans believed that the sustitutions played a large part in our downfall today Steph

As soon as Jamie Nay was subbed by our (P*** artist) Matty Negus we gave the three points away in most fans minds as effectivly gave ground defensively in order to throw men forward. It was a gamble that failed! Nyman came on for the final 5 minutes and yes I think you will find it was Kevin Stephens off!

Kevin was on target for MoM according to some.

Little to talk about on here as the performance was probably just as bad as when we played Ruislip Manor.

Ilford must have has at least three or four teenagers in their team and we seemed to try too hard to beat their very flimsy defence. All it needed, which we were doing in the first half, was to play the ball over their defenders and run on to the loose balls. What did we do? I don't really know?

With regards to the sending off. I think we were lucky to have had ten players on the park before Andy Jones was sent off. Why did we 'get involved' when all we needed to do was play football.

Forget the injuries, we have been told we have a big squad. We therefore should have been able to beat Ilford no matter who turned out for us.

Let's hope everyone's up for the play off games.

At least the ladies game restored my faith in the beautiful as a good performance to win 3-0 away and an 8-0 defeat for Norwich City Canaries ended all fears of relegation.

Well done to the Ladies reserve team who finished third in their league.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Little to talk about on here as the performance was probably just as bad as when we played Ruislip Manor.

Ilford must have has at least three or four teenagers in their team and we seemed to try too hard to beat their very flimsy defence. All it needed, which we were doing in the first half, was to play the ball over their defenders and run on to the loose balls. What did we do? I don't really know?

With regards to the sending off. I think we were lucky to have had ten players on the park before Andy Jones was sent off. Why did we 'get involved' when all we needed to do was play football.

Forget the injuries, we have been told we have a big squad. We therefore should have been able to beat Ilford no matter who turned out for us.

Let's hope everyone's up for the play off games.

Trouble is Andy, we may have a "Big Squad" but we have got an awful lot of "Big Injuries", that aside, I agree about the similarities with the Ruislip Manor Game, we just really did not "turn up" did we, its all about attitude.

Maybe it has taught us a lesson, but I won't hold my breath!!!!

giggle

So no allowances made for having to play 83 minutes with 10 against 11 in draining heat? Or for the appalling refereeing, which I am amazed that no-one has yet seen fit to mention? Apart from the sending off (dreadful decision - I was 20 yards away), there was the non-sending off of Ilford's Rick Simmons for a clear professional foul,and the wrongly disallowed goal in the second half. I don't know what the opposite of rose coloured glasses might be, but you seem to have found a pair.

Medders summed it up - we only have to win two more games to get promotion, and this was not one of them. Sod's law has struck, it doesn't matter - now move on.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack

So no allowances made for having to play 83 minutes with 10 against 11 in draining heat? Or for the appalling refereeing, which I am amazed that no-one has yet seen fit to mention? Apart from the sending off (dreadful decision - I was 20 yards away), there was the non-sending off of Ilford's Rick Simmons for a clear professional foul,and the wrongly disallowed goal in the second half. I don't know what the opposite of rose coloured glasses might be, but you seem to have found a pair.

Medders summed it up - we only have to win two more games to get promotion, and this was not one of them. Sod's law has struck, it doesn't matter - now move on.

Rose coloured/tinted contact lenses!

Move on? Yes I will move on but I am telling it as it was. We were awful and should have won even with 10 men.

I was not the only one with the same thoughts as you must know.

I think I must agree with FJ. Ilford had real difficulties in the first half. Congrats to their manager/coach who realised that one of the problems was that the defence was letting Hammet and Crace dictate where the defence should play as the back line retreated before HnC's advance in the first half and the early part of the second.

The manager was demanding that they move up and defend on the half way line second half which meant that Town had to run more. As it is with 10 against 11 the 10, in theory, have to make 10% more effort and in the last quarter it showed. I assume that is why Jim made the substitutions he did.

As for the sending off I thought it was a harsh decision but clearly deserved a yellow and if the ref thought that AJ had deliberately stamped on the number 5 he had no choice but to send him off.

I was also surprised that Hammet got away with his foul on the goalkeeper in the first few minutes. I thought that he went over the top from my view but Ilford didn't even get a free kick!

Still its over so as FJ says move on.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack

So no allowances made for having to play 83 minutes with 10 against 11 in draining heat? Or for the appalling refereeing, which I am amazed that no-one has yet seen fit to mention? Apart from the sending off (dreadful decision - I was 20 yards away), there was the non-sending off of Ilford's Rick Simmons for a clear professional foul,and the wrongly disallowed goal in the second half.

I didn't think the ref was too bad considering I was standing not far from you on the sending off. I agreed with the ref on the sending off and I rarely do as these notes tend to reflect over the past years.

I cannot remember a professional foul this season given a straight red at our level especially done against us? Yes it was bad and deserved one.

The wrongly disallowed goal in the second half was poor but that was down to the lino who flagged offside when not and not when should have but he was consistently bad just Ricci never knew when he was going to be offside it was a lottery!

We have had some refs this season who have been very biased AGAINST us and I did not feel the ref on this occasion was hostile just handled it as he saw it with the assistance he got from the sidelines.

PS I'm still a Jonah fan and hope he will be around next season.