Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Live report

andyetfc

Gazza at the marathon.

Live from the course.

19 miles - 4 hours 20 minutes.

2 stops at St Johns for blood blisters.

Exclusive quote! Why am I here?

Keep going. New prediction from me as I am totally useless at predictions. Finish in 5 hours 45 minutes

Well there you go miracles do happen, I completed the London Marathon in a herculian respectable time of 6 hrs 55 mins ish, actual times e.mailed later in the week.

I hit the exclusive WALL at about 19 miles & had to stop several times, twice for a massage by very pleasent St. Johns ladies! (you see even after 19 miles I was still sharp enough in the head to see & take a chance when I saw it!)

The whole day was very humbling, I was overtaken by a rhino, a nutter dressed up as a can of baked beans, a womble, & a very real looking Elvis, on a more serious note I run with a guy with two false legs after a landmine accident & several blind people one of which was in his 70's, these are the real hero's & the reason why I refuse to whinge about any injurys I may have, even the nappy rash!

Last count Friday we had raised in excess of £3200:00 so a very big thankyou to all those who sponsored us, made it all worthwhile.

Thankyou all,

Gazza.

Well done and I look forward to paying up next Saturday.