Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

oh well, theres always next year

CIFC JACKO

Couldn't agree more. Today may have lost the battle today, but from my perspective, this season we certainly won the war.

The main objective a year ago was (amongst other things) –

* to put together a men’s team from a group of mainly young, keen boys;

* to get into a good league at about the right level;

* to hold our own over a whole season;

* to play entertaining football that would attract a reasonable crowd to The Lane;

* to remain financially buoyant.

Five out of five can’t be bad!

Had we found a millionaire backer who would plough loads of money into the team I’m sure that we would have ended up champions, but we all know how sustainable that is. Instead we have a club that belongs to the people who support it (both on and off the field) and we enjoy a sense of belonging in a way that was unthinkable a couple of years ago. Add to that the fantastic success of ending up in the top third of the table in our first season and you can see why I believe this has been a successful season.

I can’t wait for the next campaign.

Well said Merv. With Sudbury and Maldon both winning it didn't really matter today. We played well today and deserved to win but it was not to be.

As an outsider I think you have done really well this season considering you had no real idea on what to budget for at the start season and therefore a pessimistic ahs to be set

With a seasons of experience behind them your players can only be better next season and with one or two additions should see you in the play offs and maybe even winning the league next season

Also your crowds are fairly impressive and with the natural increase that promotion would give you would probably hold your own fairly comfortably

well done on a good season re-establishing yourself. you've still got a club which was looking shaky at one stage last year.

think the shaky start you had put paid to your promotion push, but fully expect you to spank the rest of the ryman 1 north and maybe meet us again in the ryman prem. the 3 games we played against you this season were close (apart from the cup match) and your supporters are a fckng great laugh.

best of luck next season and see you all soon no doubt.

Thanks tree. All the best in the Ryman Prem.

Originally Posted By: thomarocky
Boys gave there all yesterday, no complaints, had 90% of the game and still lost. Next season we will do it. Still enjoyed this season, been good fun at times, Up The Gulls !!

Agree with that. One of the most frustrating games I've ever experienced. We played really well and deserved to win but somehow Enfield clung on and rode their luck at times. Credit to them.

I'm sure we'll be back next season a little more wiser and prepared to learn from our mistakes.

We'll be playing Enfield Town next season as they lost 4-2 to Sudbury. Well done to Sudbury and personally hope they beat Harlow in the final on Saturday.

Also well done to Bromley who beat AFC Wimbledon 1-0 tonight in front of over 3,000 fans. Good to see justice was done.