Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fat Man with a Bad Back & Broken Leg, No Chance

So if you are fat the NHS states clearly B******s you join smokers and cannot be treated.

What next? Simple every Saturday and Sunday Hospitals are full of footballers and rugby players with self inflicted wounds, so what? No treatment let them take their broken legs elsewhere.

So what then? Well all those women who wish to have a third child O! dear have they no conscience? No treatment let them dig a trench and have the brat Indian style.

Now we really must look at bricklayers and there forever having back problems, this is created by the constant bending over and the shirt pulling away from the trouser, they either get longer shirts or no NHS treatment.

Is there any one out there who fails to understand that Labour Government stands for control freakery and mismanagement of money. If there are they CAN be treated on the NHS (NHS mental care that is)

Not true this Government has attempted to lighten the load by removing NHS dentistry from the service.

They have also handed out fresh life threatening germs to one in ten new patients and spent a fortune locating a new line of managers on top salary to inform you how their targets are getting on (nothing to do with health care of course).

They have also trained hospital staff how to shut down various or all services when they miss-manage their budgets.

For the first time in the history of the NHS they have considered not reviving over 60s as it is costly and not worthy of the returns.

Nurses struggle to find work whilst agency nurses at 25% more cost are employed in every hospital.

And so on and on and on.

If bricklayers learnt how to lift and work properly, instead of paying scant disregard to safety measures, they would have less bad backs...

(obviously this generalises for all brickies....which isnt the case)

The health service is is a poor state, due to the ageing population and its funding arrangements, as well as the burden of the layer of middle management, which never used to exist.

I suppose the fear of the litigation society, creeping in, is one reason why this layer of management exists...If people cannot take reasonable care of themselves (ie weight, smoking, etc) then they dont deserve to be at the front of any NHS queue.

Loc: Earth

Not true this Government has attempted to lighten the load by removing NHS dentistry from the service.

They have also handed out fresh life threatening germs to one in ten new patients and spent a fortune locating a new line of managers on top salary to inform you how their targets are getting on (nothing to do with health care of course).

They have also trained hospital staff how to shut down various or all services when they miss-manage their budgets.

For the first time in the history of the NHS they have considered not reviving over 60s as it is costly and not worthy of the returns.

AMERICAN answer those issues and Ill come back and respond with facts not dogma.

I'm not saying your statements aren't true, pabird, but you seem(coveniently) to forget where the rot set in! As I said in my original post, every Government since Maggie must take it's fair share of the blame. This Government have just hammered another nail in the sick NHS's coffin! The Conservatives are far from innocent in this matter.

As for dogma, that is your department, bash anything Labour!

Originally Posted By: pabird

A practice of privatisation, continuing on from Thatcher...

They have also handed out fresh life threatening germs to one in ten new patients

A knock on factor of contracting out the cleaning of hospitals to private companies..

These are management decisions and not taken by medical hospital staff...Some services have to be prioritised and some have to be deemed as a luxury....Would you prefer hospitals just spend way over their budgets year after year..at continuing cost to the tax payer ?

Untrue, and very harsh on the hard working staff of the NHS.

Easy given time to respond reference Labour inability to manage, but have pasted in an article of money over care.

Ps you still have not answered reference new bugs, I.E who ever the cleaners are they need managing, Labour boasted it had its own NHS policy team not a trade on from Thatcher? so again a failure to manage.

Millions of patients could be denied some NHS treatments because they are overweight or smoke.

The controversial policy has already been adopted by around one in ten hospitals - many of them battling to claw back huge cash deficits.

Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt has stirred the row further, saying a ban on surgery to replace problem joints is "perfectly legitimate". Doctors say the risks of operating on obese patients are higher and the treatment may be less effective, with new hips and knees wearing out sooner. Smokers can have a higher risk of complications.

But the spread of the policy has brought angry protests from obesity experts, Opposition MPs and patient groups.

They say patients are being denied treatment to save money, rather than on clinical grounds, and point out that problems with joints can often be a reason for obesity, as sufferers cannot exercise.

pabird said: They say patients are being denied treatment to save money, rather than on clinical grounds, and point out that problems with joints can often be a reason for obesity, as sufferers cannot exercise.

Obesity more often than not, is a cause for joint problems! FACT!

It isn't Labour's fault they are obese. But don't let that stop you trying to blame them for it!

Anyone who used to be active, but had to slow down because of arthritis or other joint problems will tell you it wasn't obesity that caused the joint problems.

Brick layers and others in any type of construction aren't always given the time to lift properly. When they are given a deadline and have to work against the clock, adding in weather delays, building permit delays and other problems, sometimes they have to work too fast to do things correctly every time. I am not saying that is a good excuse for them having back problems, only that it is a fact of life.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
pabird said: They say patients are being denied treatment to save money, rather than on clinical grounds, and point out that problems with joints can often be a reason for obesity, as sufferers cannot exercise.

Obesity more often than not, is a cause for joint problems! FACT!
It isn't Labour's fault they are obese. But don't let that stop you trying to blame them for it!

Read again I never blamed the Labour Government for obesity but for cheating and lying about why they are cutting back on NHS treatment, they have miss-managed money and procedures in the NHS and people not of the norm are to pay the price again! this is a Government for the rich who are able to opt out from the public services decimated by Labour.

There's a woman here in Essex who weighs, oh heaven knows how much, but she's been bedridden for months and has been told that if she fails to lose weight she will die.

The NHS has helped her a number of times and in a number of ways but yet she still piles it back on. She has children, yet cannot find it within herself to reduce her girth.

Who should help her now?

Personally, (as harsh as it sounds) I wouldn't like to see more of my tax money being spent on someone who doesn't appear to want to live.

And who is to blame? Granted, she's the one who eats the food but as she's bedridden someone needs to bring the food to her. Surely in this senario the cure is obvious - stop feeding her!

It sounds to me like it is a case of a mental health professional needing to step in. The woman is either suffering from some sort of depression or other problem.

There is also a rare disease called Prader-Willi Syndrome, which is an incurable neurological disorder where the person never feels full, so they just keep eating. I don't know if that would be the case with her, but it is a thought.

Originally Posted By: Moo
It sounds to me like it is a case of a mental health professional needing to step in. The woman is either suffering from some sort of depression or other problem.

There is also a rare disease called Prader-Willi Syndrome, which is an incurable neurological disorder where the person never feels full, so they just keep eating. I don't know if that would be the case with her, but it is a thought.

I'm surprised no-one has commented - 'Specially Lez !

Could be a case of an overly sympathetic person giving the care, feeling sorry for someone who is bedridden and giving food to cheer her up. Sometimes people hurt rather than help when they think they are doing a good thing.

At any rate, it would probably be best for a mental health professional to give an evaluation.