Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre Season Farce

Looking through the archieves of our pre season friendlies and 1st few league games this season we must have used 20 players in this time which i believe are no longer at the club

Darren Bonfield, Marcin Rusinek, Russell Penn, Liam Patrick, Andy Purcell, Steve Conway, Ben L'Honore, Warren Haughton, Mark Brennan, Jimmy Faulkner, Ed Thompson, Anselem Orisakwe, Neil Hughes, James Mackey, Lexton Harrison, John Caicedo, Niall Ritchie, Lee Smith, Gary Fitzgerald, Michael Black.

These all featured in some form throughout pre seaon and 1st month of the league season but believe many if not all have since left the club.

I always thought that pre season was to get your squad to gel together for the comming season and to get some match practice.

I feel using these players was a waste of valuable match practice for our squad that was left after we decided that these were not good enough.

As a result we got off to a pretty poor start and was always playing catch up, maybe if we'd have had a settled squad for many pre season games then we'd be more confident going into the 1st few games of the season.

It is also worth noting that we have used 36 players in league games this season with 14 of these making 5 or less appearances.

I know we had a bit of an exodus at the end of last season reasons only the players and management team probably no but throughout the season a few of them have rejoined.

Lets hope we dont have a repeat of the exodus and keep this squad together especially crace and with 2 or 3 quality additions we can go on and win this league next season.

bowFinally well done all the town players on a good season, i think most supporters at the start of the season wanted a play off place and that is what we got, its just a shame we could not go 2 games further and gain promontion. bow

I agree with your latter sentiment re keeping the nucleus of the squad together. A squad should not be chopped at like it was last pre-season, it should evolve to allow an ongoing understanding to work between the players. I would like to see Crace stay on and (yes some of you may laugh) Hammatt, as those tow do play well as a unit togehter.

I believe Lexton Harrison is still with the reserves and Lee Smith has been recovering from a cruciate injury. Hope he plays a part next season.

Agree that achieving tyhe play offs and third spot is a great achievement. Some other sides do have bigger budgets and we all knew that this season would be harder than last with sides like Hornchurch, Sudbury and Canvey in the mix. We have had some wobbles and some dire cup performances but still we can be proud of what we have acheived.