Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where now?

Gonzo

Given our cup record this season it was hardly a shock that we fell at the first hurdle last night. I don't like play-offs - the top two sides should have been promoted, end of.

Anyway, next season......

Will JC stay? - he's put together a better squad than last season, achieved his stated aim, but is he the right man to take us on to bigger and better things? Perhaps more importantly - does he want to carry on?

If JC doesn't stay will Margolis take over?

Can we keep hold of Crace? - the division's top scorer will surely be much in demand in the Ryman Prem.

discuss.

Jury's out re Jim. If he stays I feel he needs some fresh assitance on the bench including someone with some good motivational skills.

I have heard good things about Margolis but has he got enough experience to manage a promotion chasing club at our level. His recent expeirnece is a few ill fated months (not his fault) at Ilford and before that he was managing an average step 6 club in Brimsdown. Mind you, he could be that motivational person we need to work with Jim.

I really hope we can keep Crace. Not too sure how long his contract is for but he is class and I would like to see another season with him and Hammatt further developing their realtionship as long as one is dropped when they lose form.

Originally Posted By: Gonzo
Given our cup record this season it was hardly a shock that we fell at the first hurdle last night. I don't like play-offs - the top two sides should have been promoted, end of.

Will JC stay? - he's put together a better squad than last season, achieved his stated aim, but is he the right man to take us on to bigger and better things? Perhaps more importantly - does he want to carry on?

Can we keep hold of Crace? - the division's top scorer will surely be much in demand in the Ryman Prem.

discuss.

Maybe Jim is all set for the new season but I would not be surprised if he is thinking about whether to make way for a younger man? Jim is a towner first and last and has achieved what he has set out to date.

Jury for me is out on Margolis to take over - not sure he has any success on his CV and that concerns me! I get the impression that he is a junior / trainee!

Crace has been amazing and the jewel in Jim's crown.

It has to be Jim's decision whether he stays or goes as he has achieved an awful lot with this club and should not be pushed aside.

I think that our bench at present is looking pretty good as all three seem to work together well and there does not seem to me to be a reason to change.

As for Crace. I would like him to stay but players come and go as they please and if he goes he goes.

discuss.

I am not sure you are asking the right questions!

I do not think we have the financial clout to get promoted.

We can just about make ends meet at this level, to have a serious chance of WINNING a league, we need another £20,000 a season.

DISCUSS
a) How do derive extra, sustainable income from?
B) Who are the right people to run,mind manage, the club?

First of all.Money has got little to do with why we failed at the last hurdle again.It was a combination of our year-on-year inability to win games on Bimsdowns pitch (culminating to losing at home again in the play-offs to a team that finished well below us in the league) ,having several key defenders missing injured at the most crucial time of the season didin't help either,coupled with our usual bad luck,and maybe some slight managerial faults added to the pot.THAT is the reason we failed.Money had little if anything to do with missing out on promotion.

Will we need more money to improve facilities and compete in the Premier ONCE we get promoted?? That is a different and more valid question.

Regarding extra revenue.That cannot happen without having our own Bar/Clubhouse.Whether we ever get one,will be down to Enfield council.Their decisions over the next 5 years will go a long way to decided how far we can progress on the field.But let me reiterate,gaining promtion from this league does not require big investment.Going further once we gain promotion may well do.

Just think,we have sailed into the play-offs for the last two seasons,and i can count on the fingers of both hands,the number of games we have played really well in.If Jim and his current squad had perfomed to their ability more often,we could and should have won the league last season,and pushed Hornchurch for the title this season.

.....Will JC stay? - he's put together a better squad than last season, achieved his stated aim, but is he the right man to take us on to bigger and better things? Perhaps more importantly - does he want to carry on?

discuss.

I think fresh input is much needed, remember even the great Brian Clough outstayed his welcome at Forest, I would like to see someone new at the helm from next season with JC given a scouting role or something similar.

I would like to see Margolis given the chance with his own coaching team behind him, dont know a lot about him but he seems to be spoken well enough of.

I would love to keep Crace at the club, but cant see it happening, he can easily play at one or two levels above us so can see quite a few offers coming in that he cant refuse & rightly so.

If he does stay I believe we need a couple of new partners up front with him, preferably tall ones! Yes I know its been said loads of times before but come on how much bigger & stronger did Sudbury look last night?

I think last night we got what we deserved, over the season I believe we have been poor on the footballing front, compared to last & other seasons, as has this whole league been, I really dont know how we ended up 3rd in the table, but wont complain & just hope next season we can push on, although I cant say im too excited about the thought of another season in this league.

Would be good to keep the majority of the team together, but we do need a few replacements, some of which have been glaring all season!!

Well done to all the backroom ladies & gents for keeping the club running smoothly all season, here's to a better season 07/08.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
First of all.Money has got little to do with why we failed at the last hurdle again.It was a combination of our year-on-year inability to win games on Bimsdowns pitch (culminating to losing at home again in the play-offs to a team that finished well below us in the league) ,having several key defenders missing injured at the most crucial time of the season didin't help either,coupled with our usual bad luck,and maybe some slight managerial faults added to the pot.THAT is the reason we failed.Money had little if anything to do with missing out on promotion.

Will we need more money to improve facilities and compete in the Premier ONCE we get promoted?? That is a different and more valid question.

Regarding extra revenue.That cannot happen without having our own Bar/Clubhouse.Whether we ever get one,will be down to Enfield council.Their decisions over the next 5 years will go a long way to decided how far we can progress on the field.But let me reiterate,gaining promtion from this league does not require big investment.Going further once we gain promotion may well do.

Just think,we have sailed into the play-offs for the last two seasons,and i can count on the fingers of both hands,the number of games we have played really well in.If Jim and his current squad had perfomed to their ability more often,we could and should have won the league last season,and pushed Hornchurch for the title this season.

Without a doubt we need our own "Income Stream" from some sort of "Social Club" Without that we can not survive in the Leqaue we are in, let alone the next league up.

Surely this must be our Priority.

confused2

Well another typical end to the season. I think that there needs to be changes overall. As a member I think that the supporters are becoming increasingly aliennated by the current board. I think its a case of give us your money, do some work, and leave the rest to us, because we know best. You do not! (a typical scenario of dustman by day, directors by night!)Southport's resignation was a part of this I think.

I also am very suspect that there is a policy not to get promoted until we are financially more secure. The playoffs both this and last season are beginning to smell in terms of performance etc.

Originally Posted By: combecastle
Well another typical end to the season. I think that there needs to be changes overall. As a member I think that the supporters are becoming increasingly aliennated by the current board. I think its a case of give us your money, do some work, and leave the rest to us, because we know best. You do not! (a typical scenario of dustman by day, directors by night!)Southport's resignation was a part of this I think.
I also am very suspect that there is a policy not to get promoted until we are financially more secure. The playoffs both this and last season are beginning to smell in terms of performance etc.

I take it you have been hiding away for 6 years?

The season revolved around ifs, buts and maybes.

Seems like a fair comment to me. Southport has told the fanbase on 3/4 occasions that there is NO Money in the club ,I have never been too sure of this one man one vote policy and I am convinced it just holds back progress WE NEED A MONEY MAN !!!!,Lets be Honest we were absolutely shocking in the second half and why dont Jim get off his behind and bellow out instructions ? how many times have we seen jim sunken down in his seat when things are going badly wrong . I will give it one more season as a supporter of this club ,After that THATS IT.

A business case scenario might be made for this but the fans and players would walk and the financial model WOULD collapse. Don't go there!

We have not been good enough since January and although we added Jamie Nay who is excellent we have not added players like Ozzie Foster during the season. Some players have gone off the boil a bit and may need a new club just to revitalise their play.

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason

A business case scenario might be made for this but the fans and players would walk and the financial model WOULD collapse. Don't go there!

Is it not possible with the right constitution that ETFC could have both? Fully appreciate that a business man/woman may not want to put money into a venture without total control, but you never know until you try. Constitutions have been changed before.

..... (a typical scenario of dustman by day, directors by night!)......

Do you know the last time I heard that said it was by a rather stout East London non league poorly supported football club chairman!

I think someone is being mischievious! attentat