Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where now?

Gonzo

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: combecastle
Well another typical end to the season. I think that there needs to be changes overall. As a member I think that the supporters are becoming increasingly aliennated by the current board. I think its a case of give us your money, do some work, and leave the rest to us, because we know best. You do not! (a typical scenario of dustman by day, directors by night!)Southport's resignation was a part of this I think.
I also am very suspect that there is a policy not to get promoted until we are financially more secure. The playoffs both this and last season are beginning to smell in terms of performance etc.
Seems like a fair comment to me. Southport has told the fanbase on 3/4 occasions that there is NO Money in the club ,I have never been too sure of this one man one vote policy and I am convinced it just holds back progress WE NEED A MONEY MAN !!!!,Lets be Honest we were absolutely shocking in the second half and why dont Jim get off his behind and bellow out instructions ? how many times have we seen jim sunken down in his seat when things are going badly wrong . I will give it one more season as a supporter of this club ,After that THATS IT.

I think all this talk of having loads of money to get promoted is a load of ballacks, i mean maldon by all accounts dont seem to have these money men and certainly dont have much income in the way of gate receipts thus not much from proggie sales etc etc and they have gone on to finish 4th in the table.

At the end of the day you just need a squad of 20 players who WANT to play for the club and ENJOY and PERFORM everytime they wear there clubs colours. Maybe they should not get a basic pay in there contracts but get paid based on results, goals, assists, clean sheets etc.

PS i did see jc get off his backside and bellow instructions it was at the lino and were along the lines of you are fecking useless, u fecking just cost us promotion, he then went and sat back down but within a minute he was back up again and over the fence.

Quote:
I think all this talk of having loads of money to get promoted is a load of ballacks, i mean maldon by all accounts dont seem to have these money men and certainly dont have much income in the way of gate receipts thus not much from proggie sales etc etc and they have gone on to finish 4th in the table.

DITTO! Enfield Town don't have loads of money but finished third.Town had slightly more income than Maldon through gate receits.Maldon had more income through their large clubhouse.Even playground in my book.

Ok.Hornchurch's budget for the season was porbably twice that of the other clubs,but the rest of the teams are all surviving on very little money. (with maybe the exception of Harlow who are enjoying a bit of short term investment on the back of the thrill of having a new ground)

We can compete for promotion at this level but I think the points being raised concern our ability to compete at step 3. I feel our squad would just about survive at that level, others think we would get relegated, either way it would be a struggle with lots of loses...something non of us have had to go through since the formation of the Town. To do well at step 3, the playing budget will need to be increased and the travel costs will increase considerably too. Subsequently, the club will need additional investment in some way or another.

Cheshunt managed to survive comfortably at Premier level this season (with Trevor Paul up front!).They are a poorer allround side than us,but they splashed out a £1000 on a quality striker (Darrell Cox) who is on decent expenses,and as such they survived comfortably.

If Town can keep this current squad when they go up,PLUS find the money to add a quality striker to the mix,then i think we could compete well at premier level (don't forget it is now a step below the old premier standard,and just think of some of the sub standard players that used to compete fairly well at THAT level).

With promotion will come bigger gates.50-100 more on average.If that extra money is invested into one or two top quality players to add to our squad ,then we'll compete well in the premier.Where the £30,000 will come from to improve facilities is a different matter.

Regarding bringing in investors and money men.That is a difficult subject.I think we can progress another level before that debate becomes vital.I personally have no objection to people investing money into the club in exchange for a place on the board or even to become chairman,but i believe the ability for the supporters to vote out boardmembers is crucial to ensure another Lazarou situation never happens again.Will investors be willing to invest money on that basis? I don't know.

Its interesting to see no mention of the new Brimsdown lease in this thread. If that's going to lead to a Trust meeting at the end of the month, sufficient dust will have settled on this season to allow all parties to engage in a serious discussion about what next season might hold and what's required to achieve it.

I read that Spurs' planning appeal has seemingly been further delayed (probably as the opponents drum up more 'key' witnesses to give evidence); there'll be a knock on effect on the QEII option, I guess.

Yeah.She consistantly knackers up any chance of sporting development in Enfield,but then goes quite when developers build houses all over the playing fields or set up traffic lights and new side roads on the A10.As both things happened within 400 yaerd of her shop,you would have thought Ms O Ware would have been writting letters in the paper and protesting their planning applications.Don't you just love consistancy. hairout

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Its interesting to see no mention of the new Brimsdown lease in this thread. If that's going to lead to a Trust meeting at the end of the month, sufficient dust will have settled on this season to allow all parties to engage in a serious discussion about what next season might hold and what's required to achieve it.

I read that Spurs' planning appeal has seemingly been further delayed (probably as the opponents drum up more 'key' witnesses to give evidence); there'll be a knock on effect on the QEII option, I guess.

Does the possible sharing of a lease generate funds or will there be a drain on the club's existing finances? Questions that need to be asked at the EGM.

when is this meeting?
I must have missed it in the Members Newsletter!
laugh

I see no conflict in having business people involved with the club, they may not want to take over, or even invest, but they could bring expertise and other contacts, but not sure they are actually wanted.

As for the Brimmo lease, I hope the Business Plan is circulted before the meeting, otherwise there will need to be further meetings, after the members have considered the presentation.

Originally Posted By: Roy Rogers
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Why can't someone hang that old hag Jose O Ware!?

She is a member of my gym.

Do her Roy. You know you can do it!!!!! behead chainsaw gore hanged attentat gotcha1

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER

when is this meeting?
I must have missed it in the Members Newsletter!
laugh

I see no conflict in having business people involved with the club, they may not want to take over, or even invest, but they could bring expertise and other contacts, but not sure they are actually wanted.

As for the Brimmo lease, I hope the Business Plan is circulted before the meeting, otherwise there will need to be further meetings, after the members have considered the presentation.

See Paul M's column in the Flackwell Heath programme.