Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Covered stand

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Another good idea would be to find a local business to pay for it and then name the stand after that business. Anyone know how much a samll stand, maybe half or three quaters the size of the one at the other end would cost?

So why dont YOU find out how much it would cost and post the result on here.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

I think Arena's covered terraced stands cost about £5k for each 6m section and each one holds/covers 85 spectators. You'd need to put a base in, of course, to drop it on, but two sections and a base should cost you no more than, say, £12k.

From my last visit to Brimmo, it would make a big difference. Suggest you the fans raise the money yourselves and offer to fund it. Then you know it will happen.

Kind regards and good luck to you all!

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Surely, if its going to be done it needs to be done with new money. I can't see there being a majority appetite for reducing the wage bill, in favour of a new stand.

You could always get a job lot of umbrellas from Club Row market...far cheaper option and does just as good a job.. smile

Cover would be great, BUT, how about priorities.

FIRST, We could do with a water supply to the ground so that all that work on the pitch is not wasted.

As mentioned by others, why not have a supporters fund for specific items.

Arkys Gimmie 5 bucket, or the 50/50 tickets etc could be for a named purpose rather than "just the Club"

This would give supporters something special to go for.

Originally Posted By: Iron Webbo
I think Arena's covered terraced stands cost about £5k for each 6m section and each one holds/covers 85 spectators. You'd need to put a base in, of course, to drop it on, but two sections and a base should cost you no more than, say, £12k.

From my last visit to Brimmo, it would make a big difference. Suggest you the fans raise the money yourselves and offer to fund it. Then you know it will happen.

Kind regards and good luck to you all!

About half the money should be available in grants.
It seems like a real no brainer to me. Many fans and potential fans are put off by the thought of standing out in the cold and rain...THAT COSTS MONEY.

The atmosphere at games would improve which could lead to better results and more fans..

Why dont the club launch an appeal?

I don't disagree.But ideally both options would be benificial to the club.Our home form has always been our achilies heel,and has held us back from progressing at the rate we would have wished.

I believe that improving the grounds watering system AND having a covered terrace at both ends,would both have a benificial impact on our home form and as a result bring more paying spectators through the turnstiles.

Look,we need more seating if we go up,so that has to be budgeted for.So placing that stand behind the far goal rather than next to the exiting seats would not cost the club and more money.If that option was confirmed by the board,us fans could concentrate our fundraising towards a Pitch Fund rather than a Stand Fund.

Originally Posted By: Steph
There may be a new sponser for the away kit next year and that means that there are substantial funds for a new stand at the Railway end but the supporters will have to fund the remainder.

If there is a new sponsor for the away kit next season, then thanks for your assistance over the last 'x' number of years with your firm's contributions to ETFC.

If there are to be substantial funds available, then let's hope that that enough capital has been requested of the new sponsor to match fund what the club can get from the Football Foundation.

In terms of water supply, is this not the what the landlord has to provide rather than the tenant? I for one would rather work towards raising the funds for sheltered accommodation at the railway end which we can take with us should we move on rather than raise funds for a water supply. And I don't think our performances over the years can be linked to not having an adequate water supply. We have just not been good enough when it mattered.

I'd assume under any new lease arrangements that capital investment will be shared between ourselves, Brimmo and the ladies. Anything that saves the huge number of man hours spent on watering with the current pressure has got to be a higher priority investment. Getting a pitch that a passing team can play on and more people will come and watch must be more important than where/how the game is watched, in my view.

Put the other way around, what's the point in providing cover if the product on the pitch isn't worth watching?

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I'd assume under any new lease arrangements that capital investment will be shared between ourselves, Brimmo and the ladies. Anything that saves the huge number of man hours spent on watering with the current pressure has got to be a higher priority investment. Getting a pitch that a passing team can play on and more people will come and watch must be more important than where/how the game is watched, in my view.

Put the other way around, what's the point in providing cover if the product on the pitch isn't worth watching?

Shared capital investment! Does that mean ETFC picking up the expenditure, on a shared basis, for things that should have been done in the past?

Regarding the product on the pitch. Nothing would have got done in the past had we thought the product wasn't worth watching.

I'm confused, not having made it to a game all season. Passing team? Most weeks people on here complain of too much lumping of long high balls to the forwards, but also complain of not having a big tall no. 9 to hit with the route 1 stuff. (Crouch might be available soon - but that could knock quite a few OFF the gate!).

A passing team in 'good' conditions,but when our small techincal players play on hard uneven pitches,the extra touch or spilt second more that is needed to get the ball under control allows sides to easily shut us down and pressure us.As such,in those conditions,rather than lose the ball in possession,we tend to hit the ball long.A tactic our our current forwards are ill equiped to deal with.

The sollution? Make sure our small players who naturally favour inticate passing football,are able to play on a decent home surface,or bring in players more suited to the sytle of football that WILL bear fruit on Brimmo's pitch.