Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Covered stand

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
I'm confused, not having made it to a game all season. Passing team?......

My thoughts exactly TIM, and I do go every week! Trust me irrespective of the playing surface if the ball finds its way to our left back position and a certain player is playing there then we all look skywards before it reaches him!!

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
A passing team in 'good' conditions,but when our small techincal players play on hard uneven pitches,the extra touch or spilt second more that is needed to get the ball under control allows sides to easily shut us down and pressure us.As such,in those conditions,rather than lose the ball in possession,we tend to hit the ball long.A tactic our our current forwards are ill equiped to deal with.

The sollution? Make sure our small players who naturally favour inticate passing football,are able to play on a decent home surface,or bring in players more suited to the sytle of football that WILL bear fruit on Brimmo's pitch.

Shouldn't we also be thinking of how many games are played on a regular basis on the pitch?

The ETFC guys have been magnificent over the last two or three years but we cannot keep relying on the same few to prepare a pitch which could have 4 games played on it within an 8 day period.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
A very generous ex-supporter supplied 'our club' with the necessary frame work for a covered stand. People would have worked hard to put something up, but the offer was rejected.

It's a shame that the putting up of a covered area was not included in the planning application for the extra seats!

Ground grading C - 250 seats in not more than two stands. Therefore the extra 100 seats could be put behind the goal if there is room to satisfy LS. Now where have I heard that one before?

This old chestnut IS a non-starter! A certain inner circle member opposed the new memorial stand on the grounds that in their opinion it would look an eyesore and they wanted something in keeping with the current ETFC stands if anything was to be put in place. Not an unreasonable position if it wasn't at that time a sad circumstance that had occured shortly before this very kind and generous offer? The diversion of much needed funds for other purposes was also stated as a major reason to say no.

Same board member expressed a preference that any additional seating had to be bolted onto the existing seating block to meet the rules of any league promotion didn't they Andy despite your proposal to the contrary?

As I have said on many occasions Andy you can't beat the inner circle. When they don't want something it isn't going to happen.